Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big O tires in Page , AZ
I had problems with my trailer wearing tires BADLY.  The gentleman here took one look and said I had a bent axle. 
He said I could repair it, but it would probably be cheaper and better to just replace it. 

He's also the one place in town that is willing to hire Native Americans.  The folks there also think the world of him.  

I would go there again in a heartbeat.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to pnolans for this post:
bullfrog (12-09-2017), Cancan (12-09-2017)
Pat if I may, nowadays bent axles are common. I always suggest you use an axle that is over rated. in other words if you are replacing a 2,000lb rated axle go with a 3,500lb axle. if you are replacing a 3500lb go with a 5,000lb and so on. the increase cost is minor. also I would go with a Dexter axle. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(12-09-2017, 06:44 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: Pat if I may,  nowadays bent axles are common.  I always suggest you use an axle that is over rated.  in other words if you are replacing a 2,000lb rated axle go with a 3,500lb axle.  if you are replacing a 3500lb go with a 5,000lb and so on.  the increase cost is minor.  also I would go with a Dexter axle.  highdesertranger

Well, I didn't get a 5k, I had a 3500 and stayed with it.  I DID get a Dexter,  and it's straight  (I had a drop before )  ... so I got a 4" lift!

If I have to replace again,  I'll look at the 5k.  That's a good idea.   Thanks. 

Pat
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to pnolans for this post:
bullfrog (12-09-2017), highdesertranger (12-09-2017)
And make sure to check the alignment on the new axle. Don't just bolt it in and assume the alignment is correct.
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
Pat you are just gonna have to start checking things out with us before you do anything! LOL!!! Page Big O gets my business sometimes too.
Add Thank You Reply