Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there something like Airbnb for camping?
(12-16-2017, 08:57 AM)DuneElliot Wrote: Boondockers Welcome is what you are looking for...it is a membership group and has a yearly fee, although I don't believe it is much. It is often other RVers who have a driveway or property they are willing to let people stay on for a few days.

That looks like a great site!

Here's the membership page....$30/year....

https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/become-a-guest/
Add Thank You Reply
(12-16-2017, 06:57 PM)jacqueg Wrote: Here's another one - https://www.hipcamp.com

The prices seem high to me, but I guess that is just America these days. Stealth camping sounds a lot better.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GeorgiePorgie for this post:
frater secessus (01-03-2018)
$30/year sounds like a screaming deal if you only use it a few times (with safety, not using gas riding around, etc...) JUST so long as you do not have to d around with the landlords every stop and every day. This is really a very cool thing, conceptually anyway Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
(01-09-2018, 08:15 PM)breeze Wrote: $30/year sounds like a screaming deal if you only use it a few times (with safety, not using gas riding around, etc...) JUST so long as you do not have to d around with the landlords every stop and every day. This is really a very cool thing, conceptually anyway Big Grin

Agreed. I was referring to the costs for camping overnight. I would probably not be able to afford them unless I get lucky and figure out a way to make decent money, but since I sold my business and moved back to America, that has not happened. It will be stealth camping for me.
Add Thank You Reply
(01-09-2018, 08:49 PM)GeorgiePorgie Wrote: Agreed. I was referring to the costs for camping overnight. I would probably not be able to afford them unless I get lucky and figure out a way to make decent money, but since I sold my business and moved back to America, that has not happened. It will be stealth camping for me.

Yeah, it's hard for everyone no matter what, and you are right. "Conceptually", I thought it was a good idea; but realistically, Stealth may be the best thing going if you have got a good system down. Landlords and governments feed off of the weak and weary for breakfast.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to breeze for this post:
GeorgiePorgie (01-11-2018)