Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple VS Windows for on the road
Does being on the road present any compelling reasons to switch from whatever you prefer now?
Someone wanted me to put this here: http://rollingsteeltent.blogspot.com/
Add Thank You Reply
(12-16-2017, 12:26 PM)MrNoodly Wrote: Does being on the road present any compelling reasons to switch from whatever you prefer now?

I'm not a full timer. 

I do my bill paying and manage my budget on the road.  If I were on the road full time, I would have switched to a budget tool that had all of the functionality available from my iPad. I currently use quicken and the ability to automatically consolidate all of my accounts online is currently only available from the windows tool.

When I'm on the road I want as much functionality as possible in as small a space as possible and do as much in DC current as possible.  That would mean using my iPad.  From there I can read my books, get my email, facetime with my family, take a lot of pictures, post a travel log, etc.  Also since the iPad can be charged using DC from an USB port, then it is much easier to charge than my laptop.  I have a bluetooth keyboard on my iPad which means that it is easy to compose documents.
Add Thank You Reply