Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary glue, stronger than Blu Tack
I want to spot-glue / temporarily tack clear poly sheeting to the inside of my sheet metal, pushed into all the nooks and crannies around the support beams and pillars as much as possible

and then later remove the whole thing, or at least in large sections, after the rigid urethane foam I've sprayed it all with has fully cured.

Apparently the poly starts to melt at 250°, so maybe the weaker hot glue gun crafter stuff is the ticket?

Or, I'm thinking maybe beeswax? but that's likely not strong enough in the first place.

Yes I could just hack it out, but I'm making a reusable mold, so would prefer something more elegant, plus am worried I might dent the sheet metal from the inside, it's **so** thin these days!

Any suggestions welcome, but please stay on the adhesive topic.

If you want to discuss wrt the insulation topic, please post to a separate thread, e.g. ​ http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/show...#pid352495

Or start your own new one.

Thanks in advance!
Add Thank You Reply
Elmer's Repositionable Mounting Spray
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to CautionToTheWind for this post:
John61CT (12-15-2017)
Perfect concept!

Have to test it though, sounds like my 6-mil greenhouse poly is too heavy, and with all the force required to push into the deep crevices, may be too much out-pulling force as well.

Really don't want any bits to move out of position while I'm spraying, it's pretty high-density foam as well.

Something that is pretty strong at room temperature, but gets weak or melts completely at say 150-200° would be ideal.

Or just breaks down on its own after a few days?
Add Thank You Reply
Joe's Sticky Stuff
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
Cool! Likely at least a bit stronger.

The double-sided tape idea triggered another one.

Velcro!

Can stick each side permanently as strong as I like, but the bond between the two sides is always fixed.

And some velcro's are stronger than others, or could just adjust the amount of surface area used as appropriate for each spot.

Embarrassing, since I was just talking about using velcro for holding custom insulating foam window covering panels in place. http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/show...#pid357173

And another idea from there, magnets!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to John61CT for this post:
CautionToTheWind (12-16-2017)