Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any raw fed pets?
hahahaha I got tears in my eyes over that one Guy. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
I partially raw feed my Airedale who is now 11.5 YO. Have been doing this almost her whole life. The best I can do on the road
is buy WM chicken thighs with bones & skin (I remove the skin) They usually go for 1.25 a lb, more than that of course since I remove the skin. In the evening she gets grain free kibble and purina 1. Before I left I could get skinned chicken necks for .99 a pound. If anyone knows of a butcher shop in the SW that sells them I would like to know.
Add Thank You Reply
My three yr old hound is fed a combo grain free/quality kibble along with big meaty bones from
my local butcher---plus a wide variety of raw veges: organic carrots, sweet potatoes, trimmed
asparagus ends, etc.  When I steam veges she gets the nutrient rich leftover liquid.  My hound is
especially fond of beet 'juice'.  Once a day she gets a fresh organic egg from my hens---an
excellent protein source which I feed raw.

I would never eliminate a good quality dry kibble---if she needed to be boarded, for example,
I would want her to be able to handle dry kibble without a total upset to her system.  By feeding
many types of veges in random order, her gut bacteria is healthy & she's less prone to 'upsets.'

This system has worked well for every dog I've had.  My previous dog, a terrier, lived to be over
19 yrs old without a single accident/illness or vet emergency.  (I will avoid stating my opinion on
vaccination pros/cons, as it is surely to be too controversial.  Read up/make up your own mind.)

Wooof!
Wink  Charlotte
Add Thank You Reply
(12-18-2017, 01:08 PM)ramblinbob Wrote: I partially raw feed my Airedale who is now 11.5 YO. Have been doing this almost her whole life. The best I can do on the road
is buy WM chicken thighs with bones & skin (I remove the skin) They usually go for 1.25 a lb, more than that of course since I remove the skin. In the evening she gets grain free kibble and purina 1. Before I left I could get skinned chicken necks for .99 a pound. If anyone knows of a butcher shop in the SW that sells them I would like to know.

Most farmer's markets should have grass fed meat providers who raise their own and should have necks and a number of other options.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
Unfortunately I could not find a way to continue raw while on the road so I switched to canned.  The best part about that is being able to have it shipped pretty much anywhere I'm at.  I don't like doing it this way but I refuse to feed kibble of any kind.

Have you found a solution? How is the freeze dried working out?
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Headache for this post:
DLTooley (12-27-2017)