Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The scamers are out in full force
(12-18-2017, 04:25 PM)mpruet Wrote: They also claimed that they were about to take out a warrant for me and my family's arrest.  And if I wanted to avoid this I needed to call.  ###-###-#### immediately . 

I got a call like that last month, but I thought it was funny and hung onto the message for a while when I wanted a laugh.  

Not only would the IRS never leave you a phone message like that, the grammar used in the call was pathetic.  

The caller referred to the local police as "the local cops".  Uh huh, OK, sure.   Rolleyes
Add Thank You Reply
(12-19-2017, 02:06 PM)This world isn\t home Wrote: if you have the bandwidth or can get to wifi then go onto YouTube and type in phone scams, there's all kinds of people who prank the scammers, the main ones are the Nigerian money scams, the IRS and the Microsoft. Apparently some of the better anti-scammers get into the scammers systems and lock them up or delete their data.  It's fun to listen to anyway.  I haven't gotten any of these calls, so all of my ideas of how to yank their chain have not been put into effect yet. 

It is a sorry thing that people fall for this crap, but many do, especially elderly.

I've been watching some of these videos lately. My cure for insomnia. I loved one where the man said he was so glad they were coming to arrest him because he was about to be evicted and wouldn't have a place to live. Free clothes, free food and a free bed...thank goodness! LOL
Add Thank You Reply
(12-19-2017, 03:33 PM)Bohemian scout Wrote: I block these numbers as soon as I hang up on them. However I’ve been getting lots of fraudulent emails too.

Yeah I've been getting a lot of Amazon and PayPal phishing email. I just forward them to their spoofing departments.
Add Thank You Reply
You have to be careful because there is a scammed out of I think it's Mexico maybe Puerto Rico but it's a robo IRS call and it tries to get you to talk and it record your voice and then uses the recording and cuts it up to make it so they can access your accounts and stuff happened to my mom got her for almost 10 grand

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
I recently got a paper-mail piece warning me that my vehicle factory warranty either Is expired or may expire soon.. (oh REALLY??) and I had better renew with their policy or it could cost me Thousands in repairs...
There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

2 amazing dogs and Miles the 1987 Dodge B250
I live in the Uncanny Valley
Add Thank You Reply
(12-18-2017, 06:14 PM)gsfish Wrote: Just before Thanksgiving I got a call and a male voice said "Grandpa?" We did a little back and forth and I guess it was going to lead to my grandson needing some money wired to him so that he could get 'Home'. He was using a common name like John. You could hear in the background that he was in a phone bank. Those people must be awfully hard up for a job or have no soul.

Guy

I actually had the "Grandpa" one and being I have never been married or had kids I LOVED it as I had it on speakerphone me play "The old man" and it ended with me cussing the kid out for being so stupid to get busted and hopefully they didn't find that kilo of coke in the side door and that I hoped he'd get raped by all the bigger inmates and then die of AIDS....

They hung up when they realized I didn't care about his problems....

Waiting for an IRS one.....
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Add Thank You Reply
(12-20-2017, 06:49 PM)Jeremiah Diminovich Wrote: You have to be careful because there is a scammed out of I think it's Mexico maybe Puerto Rico but it's a robo IRS call and it tries to get you to talk and it record your voice and then uses the recording and cuts it up to make it so they can access your accounts and stuff happened to my mom got her for almost 10 grand

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Something similar happened in Fremont County, WY but it was a faked kidnapping with the recordings of a family member's voice in the background to make it appear genuine. I'm sure it will spread though. These people have no soul and will burn in hell for eternity!!!!

https://county10.com/a-sickening-new-sca...nt-county/
2007 Keystone Springdale
2000 F-250 7.3L
Cody & Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Find us: www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com
Add Thank You Reply
Meet the Nigerian Prince!

Old white guy from Loozianna....who'da thunk?   Rolleyes 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pol...ar-BBHvlQd
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues;
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply