Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medicaid expansion - poor people medical insurance.
Not sure why this has not been discussed more. But if you live in the Blue states on these charts, and you are poor (under $20k per year) you likely can get some medical coverage.

https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wor...reform.png

[Image: 73dfe2e41834bdcb5e31c852783ffbd0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Goshawk for this post:
mayble (12-21-2017)
(12-20-2017, 09:46 AM)Goshawk Wrote: Not sure why this has not been discussed more. But if you live in the Blue states on these charts, and you are poor (under $20k per year) you likely can get some medical coverage.

https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wor...reform.png

[Image: 73dfe2e41834bdcb5e31c852783ffbd0.jpg]

But if you live in an orange state , you definitely will not get Medicaid coverage if single and poor and of working age.

Obamacare requires you prove you are working, or have income above poverty, in order to be eligible to buy in the orange states.

Some states are doing other things to cover people. Look at this map.

https://nashp.org/states-stand-medicaid-...decisions/

If you have medical issues. Best get to the blue or green states in these maps. At least you might not go bankrupt there if poor. Or you might actually get more care and less fiscal static if in the Medicaid expanding states.

Add Thank You Reply
bethiebugs (12-20-2017)
More things to understand if poor and you need medical help. So applicable to mobile lifestyle education.
https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/20...its-000163

Even though the story is older from 2016 it’s still applicable to non Medicaid expansion states.

Add Thank You Reply
bethiebugs (12-20-2017)
More interesting discussion of what happens if you need Medicaid coverage after you are in a car accident and have no coverage. The sticking point is understanding which state you are resident of. Will you need to get back to your home state that has expanded Medicaid, so you can continue treatments? Likely yes.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...n-accident

Add Thank You Reply
Oh, yes...one of the big reasons I began considering mobile living/moving elsewhere! Here in Kansas (unbelievably poor-discriminatory state) the options are limited. I have struggled with many medical issues my whole life and it has been very, very hard here. I have realized that it is not going to change any time soon here, and I must do something--move elsewhere--to take care of myself and the issues that exist for me, even though my adult kids and family live here...

I strongly oppose the government of the state I live in. It is horrible how those of us who struggle are treated and not allowed the same rights as others...the same care--at no fault of our own. It's just atrocious--and the political philosophies that create such systems have trained many of their citizens well--to shun, excommunicate, shame and mistreat those who can't keep up with their standards of "respectable human" and "person with worth".
Add Thank You Reply
While Maine people did just vote to force our governor to do medicaid expansion (he has refused it since expansion was announced) he will still block it "until the legislature fully funds it" of course they won't ! Tongue

So it's on the yes list but it's a no in reality........
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
I live in NV, a disabled Vet on Medicaid and I can't even get a Chiropractic pop that I need badly because I fall into a age group that's not covered by NV state law. I call discriminatory BS on this.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-21-2017, 09:53 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: While Maine people did just vote to force our governor to do medicaid expansion (he has refused it since expansion was announced) he will still block it "until the legislature fully funds it" of course they won't ! Tongue

So it's on the yes list but it's a no in reality........

Oh, for crying out loud....unbelievable.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to bethiebugs for this post:
rvpopeye (12-21-2017)
Unfortunately for Maine residents it is reality !
He's full of this kind of ideas...it gets worse.
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
If you make 17-24K/year, you can get obamacare and the subsidy will pay most or almost all of the premium. For example, a friend who lives in plumas county of california got a blue shield silver ppo plan for $21 a month after subsidy. That plan has $5 office visit copay, $3 prescription copay, and a $75 annual deductible.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ZacLee for this post:
Goshawk (12-22-2017)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sshh secret - no medical insurance Goshawk 20 1,035 12-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: John61CT
  Medical Insurance/Claim Info for Veterans GrantRobertson 3 917 10-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Last Post: akrvbob
  Medical insurance Hoolie's mom 10 2,876 10-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Hoolie's mom