Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CarolynsRVLife ebook - How I got 20,000 subscribers in 40 days
I've really been enjoying Carolyn's YouTube channel and it's remarkable how hungry people are to devour these simply videos of authentic, simply, free living!  I know I'm hooked!  

It's really a form of a conversation where a sincere friend is speaking through the video about her trials and tribulations of her experiences and how she feels about her experiences.   And I've watched a lot of channels and the simple formula seems to be observing an honest, transparent, heartfelt person share....period....

The channels I don't like watching are where the content is black and white, technical, how-to, without any personal expression of feelings.   I fast forward through these or stop watching them.

By the host expressing feelings about what is going on, then it feels like friendship and conversation.

Here's a link to Carolyn's ebook for becoming successful on YouTube, which in part means generating income from ad revenue.   I got no clue how much that can be.  But I enjoy her channel and post this in support of her work.

http://www.carolynsrvlife.com/20000-yout...s-40-days/
Add Thank You Reply
Here's Jeremiah Diminovich's YouTube channel....he's a member here and just started posting videos that I'm enjoying....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRmfAiZ...VAoE5SirVQ
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to free2enjoy for this post:
Capricci (12-20-2017)
I guess that I gravitate to the technical, how-to stuff. To each his (or her or whatever) own I guess. I also read about 99% non-fiction so maybe those go together.

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to gsfish for this post:
Motrukdriver (12-23-2017)
I don't know how people can watch a whole video. It's like watching someone talking to themselves.
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 10 users say Thank You to cyndi for this post:
dragonflyinthesky (01-01-2018), Van Man Dave (01-01-2018), RoamingKat (01-01-2018), gramakittycat (12-21-2017), FlowerGirl (12-20-2017), Reno (12-20-2017), KathyC (12-20-2017), WanderLoveJosh (12-20-2017), Cammalu (12-20-2017), free2enjoy (12-20-2017)
I'm more of a "human interest story" fan. I search for the technical stuff when I'm working on a project. But when I'm doing chores and want to have something to listen to, then I like the folks that tell their story and since I'm a newbie to the nomad lifestyle (I'm fulltime in my 5th wheel but not travelling as a nomad....it's just my living arrangement), the daily diary format helps me learn while I multitask.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to free2enjoy for this post:
dawnann7 (12-23-2017), GettinHitchy (12-20-2017)
(12-20-2017, 01:15 PM)free2enjoy Wrote: Here's Jeremiah Diminovich's YouTube channel....he's a member here and just started posting videos that I'm enjoying....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRmfAiZ...VAoE5SirVQ

Yes, his videos are good. And he's good to talk to, too. Y'all should reach out!
Capricci
1. fancy, whimsy, caper
2. sudden start, motion, or change of direction
4. one old, blue minivan, destined for greatness
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Capricci for this post:
dawnann7 (12-21-2017), free2enjoy (12-20-2017)
(12-20-2017, 01:24 PM)gsfish Wrote: I guess that I gravitate to the technical, how-to stuff. To each his (or her or whatever) own I guess. I also read about 99% non-fiction so maybe those go together.

Guy

I'm the same way.  I like the videos that I learn stuff from.  No time for fluff or annoyances or e-beggers.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
flying free (12-23-2017), Reno (12-23-2017), free2enjoy (12-23-2017), gramakittycat (12-23-2017)
Everyone wants to be a YouTube star... blah. Unless it's something I want to learn my eyes glaze over at uninteresting fluff.
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
The following 6 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
MLV_Tim (01-01-2018), bullfrog (01-01-2018), flying free (12-23-2017), free2enjoy (12-23-2017), cyndi (12-23-2017), gramakittycat (12-23-2017)
I think YouTube simply gives people a way to share their “abundance” with others, that’s it very fulfilling to those making the videos. In this case the abundance is their experience solving problems in their RV life.

That someone has a large following IMO means that this person is helping others in some way.

No doubt the prospect of earning ad revenue or to advertise ones own products and services is a motivator but the nuance is this...the person is producing the videos with no fee attached to get the information. So what this means is the person is sharing, not selling.

When I come across someone like Bob Wells that has really make a mark on my life, I want to give back. I’m actually frustrated that he doesn’t have a donate button because I would like to give a gift of thanks for his sincere efforts to help others. This isn’t charity but a way to express love to someone that loves (shares) through this medium of YouTube.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 6 users say Thank You to free2enjoy for this post:
FlowerGirl (01-02-2018), GettinHitchy (01-01-2018), AdventurousAdriana (01-01-2018), flying free (12-23-2017), SondraRose (12-23-2017), dawnann7 (12-23-2017)
If you really want to give back, pass it on to someone in need. I am not speaking for Bob, but I have seen him say he has no real “needs” other than a quiet place. 

I don’t do YouTube because I would rather live than watch someone else talk about it.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
Van Man Dave (01-01-2018), RoamingKat (01-01-2018), dawnann7 (12-24-2017), free2enjoy (12-23-2017)