Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Free Table in Ehrenberg! Volunteers needed to clean it up.
(12-23-2017, 09:14 AM)NomadforNature Wrote: Good information for everyone. Thank you. Maybe some people will be inspired to take a little bit extra trash from the desert with them. I've been told that the dump in Q will not charge if its desert clean-up.

I wont be on the road for at least a year, but it saddens me to hear of people leaving junk type trash that good people then clean up.  I have to wonder if they know that they would be charged at the dump but you wont, and they know this so they leave it for others to take responsibility.  However, the price we pay to stay on this wonderful free land is worth it and if I were there, I would be pitching in as well.  Thank you all for helping to keep America Beautiful!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Peggy McG for this post:
NomadforNature (12-29-2017)
(12-27-2017, 07:53 PM)NomadforNature Wrote: The following websites all state that an item may (as in might) be considered a historic artifact if it is at least 50-years old, and definitely 100-years. Some items that are 50-years old may still be considered trash.

At my age (late 50's) I'd rather consider myself an "historic artifact" Smile 

Sadly, I'm afraid others may consider me as "junk" Wink
Add Thank You Reply
(12-27-2017, 11:52 PM)NomadforNature Wrote: This thread drifted off topic and caused some confusion. The last two posts were referring to other types of desert trash, not the table. 
So, back on topic, according to BLM rules the table should not be there, and if one of the many folks who want it gone is willing to do the work, please, have at it!
At least whoever does the deed, won't have to haul off a bunch of stuff as well as the table, because it's free of stuff! Yea! Success!
Good luck to whoever decides to do the job.

I'm a newbie and I'm planning to attend the RTR for the first time.  I've never been to that area of the U.S.  After reading this post, as well as hearing how Bob was left to pick up others trash last year, I fully intend to hang around an extra day or more, to help with clean-up and any other job where help is needed.  If that is something I can do.
I used to be known as the volunteer queen, as I don't have very good organizational skills, but am always willing to help in any way I can

I read there might be a need for help at the free area at the RTR this year?  that is something else, I'd be willing to help with.  I find by volunteering to help others, is the best way of meeting people

PLEASE let me know if I can be of any help.  Oh & we have a large truck, so can probably help with hauling large loads
We're all in such a hurry to get where everyone else has been, we forget to enjoy the beauty around us, in our own backyard
Add Thank You Reply
The following 6 users say Thank You to The Old Farmers Wife for this post:
dawnann7 (01-01-2018), StrayCat (12-29-2017), Almost There (12-29-2017), cyndi (12-29-2017), SondraRose (12-29-2017), AdventurousAdriana (12-29-2017)
(12-29-2017, 05:13 PM)The Old Farmers Wife Wrote:  I fully intend to hang around an extra day or more, to help with clean-up and any other job where help is needed.  If that is something I can do. I used to be known as the volunteer queen, as I don't have very good organizational skills, but am always willing to help in any way I can

One of our dear members, NomadforNature is in charge of the free pile at the RTR and did a huge amount of the work during the cleanup at the end of it, and she might like to have you help her. We'll just have to wait and see, but I think having a truck would be wonderful!

She started this thread so hopefully she will respond to you and you can plan on meeting at the RTR.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
(12-29-2017, 05:13 PM)The Old Farmers Wife Wrote: I'm a newbie and I'm planning to attend the RTR for the first time.  I've never been to that area of the U.S.  After reading this post, as well as hearing how Bob was left to pick up others trash last year, I fully intend to hang around an extra day or more, to help with clean-up and any other job where help is needed.  If that is something I can do.
I used to be known as the volunteer queen, as I don't have very good organizational skills, but am always willing to help in any way I can

I read there might be a need for help at the free area at the RTR this year?  that is something else, I'd be willing to help with.  I find by volunteering to help others, is the best way of meeting people

PLEASE let me know if I can be of any help.  Oh & we have a large truck, so can probably help with hauling large loads

I'll be happy to accept some help at the RTR free pile. The more people keeping the piles tidy and organized, and trash free, the better. :-) I'll be easy to find; I'll be there fussing around at least three times a day with a name tag on. :-) It will read Roxy (Nomad for Nature). As for Ehrenberg, anyone willing to haul out the trash is always welcome, we love trucks. The round-table is now free of stuff, but the table could go, but it's a big, heavy, table, so I'm not sure if it will get taken care of or not.
I'm not in Ehrenberg right now though, I'm doing a drive-about I like to switch out spots often. :-) Good luck, see you at the RTR, and thanks for being a volunteer queen.
~ Insatiable is Not Sustainable ~ (Chevy AWD Astro Van with a 3" body lift, oversized tires and white in color; goes by the name of Studley Van)
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to NomadforNature for this post:
highdesertranger (12-30-2017)
Are you allowed to build a camp fire ?
That table IS wood.
(Workamping I've found picnic table hardware in the fire pit and table gone more than once! Rolleyes )
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
Roxy, I'm bringing a couple large, flat cardboard boxes to help keep things organized. Items can quickly get dusty and dirty just laying around. Hope this will help keep things nice and neat.

Nelda
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Nelda for this post:
cyndi (12-30-2017), NomadforNature (12-30-2017)
I am bringing a bunch of stuff to the free pile. free2enjoy sent me 3 boxes of useable stuff plus what I have. I will also lend a hand hauling stuff away at the end. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
cyndi (12-30-2017), NomadforNature (12-30-2017)
(12-30-2017, 10:51 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: Are you allowed to build a camp fire ?
That table IS wood.
(Workamping I've found picnic table hardware in the fire pit and table gone more than once! Rolleyes )

The table is wood, yes, but it would have to be cut up first and its full of screws, nails, and staples. Want to use your chainsaw on it? LOL. If it was burned in one piece, I'm sure the fire department would get called out (and we don't want that) because there would be huge flames, and it would be unsafe. As a retired volunteer firefighter, I don't recommend that and want no part of it. However, if someone wants to dismantle it into small pieces, there is a fire pit right next to it. As always, use caution and keep fires small, contained, and extinguish them completely afterward.
~ Insatiable is Not Sustainable ~ (Chevy AWD Astro Van with a 3" body lift, oversized tires and white in color; goes by the name of Studley Van)
Add Thank You Reply
(12-30-2017, 12:48 PM)Nelda Wrote: Roxy, I'm bringing a couple large, flat cardboard boxes to help keep things organized.  Items can quickly get dusty and dirty just laying around.  Hope this will help keep things nice and neat.

Nelda

I will need a few clean, strong boxes to help keep things organized, it works well. Thanks, Nelda.
Add Thank You Reply