Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Free Table in Ehrenberg! Volunteers needed to clean it up.
burning wood with nails, screws, metal, etc. is highly discouraged. in fact in California you could get a ticket for just having pallets in your possession in the desert. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
cyndi (12-30-2017)
Forgot to mention, that all those nails, staples and screws would have to be removed from the fire pit afterward, and the pit left pristine. But I still highly discourage burning it. Perhaps someone could find a home for it locally and deliver it to them or take it to the dump.
~ Insatiable is Not Sustainable ~ (Chevy AWD Astro Van with a 3" body lift, oversized tires and white in color; goes by the name of Studley Van)
Add Thank You Reply
Would a reciprocating saw with metal cutting blades be able to cut the table into manageable pieces? If so, surely someone will have one at the event.
1997 Class B Dodge van 3500.
Add Thank You Reply
yes but have you ever tried to cut wood with a metal blade? just take the pieces to the transfer station. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
If there is a fire pit right next to it , fires are allowed in Arizona (unless there's a burn ban in effect ask a Ranger 'bout that ) + need to get it gone , don't have a big enough truck = my last posted answer.

Monitoring a hundred(s of) fire pits all night is an impossible job , I've tried it!
As soon as you drive away they throw the crap on !
I was also the guy that got to build all the replacement picnic tables. And explain that in my budget,,,,,

My job was finding solutions to problems like this every single day , so......
We cleaned out the fire pits of nails-etc with a magnet and/or a flat nosed shovel .
Better for the earth than burying in a landfill I would think...but then the air pollution from smoke outweighs that ! ?

I can see why California is paranoid about fires and the aftermath and know that the risks in the open desert are far less,,,, but you can't fix stupid and also know that there is more than enough of that going around with a large group of campers , many/most very inexperienced in the art of camping.............

Personally , I don't do campfires because so many people have trouble breathing it and you CAN'T control the smoke direction.

I'd take it to a thrift shop if I was the Ranger there.
I think someone already posted to ask a Ranger what they would like you to do with it....
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
That table is almost a non issue compared to the rest of the trash piles out there. If someone really wants to clean up they might start with the big piles first. They won't have to cut those up anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
rvpopeye (12-31-2017), highdesertranger (12-31-2017)
(12-31-2017, 12:18 PM)Cammalu Wrote: That table is almost a non issue compared to the rest of the trash piles out there.  If someone really wants to clean up they might start with the big piles first. They won't have to cut those up anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true and well said! I'd much rather see the real trash go first like I've mentioned before, the table is harmless compared to the other trash people have left in the desert. However, I am concerned that it will attract a free pile in the future if it remains there, and then this issue will start all over again. Sigh...
~ Insatiable is Not Sustainable ~ (Chevy AWD Astro Van with a 3" body lift, oversized tires and white in color; goes by the name of Studley Van)
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to NomadforNature for this post:
highdesertranger (12-31-2017)
I would think that with everything gone and the sign there that if someone decided to leave something there it would not be in the spirit of the free table but rather it would be trash that they were hoping to unload. The rangers will remove the table if they deem it needed and it has been there a year in full view.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
Forgive me I cannot figure out where to post a new article.  Nor can I find the answer on any other forums.  Where can I get a copy of the RTR 2018 rules.  Do I need a permit if I am not staying there over night?
Add Thank You Reply
(01-15-2018, 10:53 PM)Lcarter194 Wrote: Forgive me I cannot figure out where to post a new article.  Nor can I find the answer on any other forums.  Where can I get a copy of the RTR 2018 rules.  Do I need a permit if I am not staying there over night?

2018 rules:
1) don't be too loud after 10:00
2) don't poo in your neighbor's shoes
3) wait, I think #2 may have been superfluous

Permit requirements
1) Technically yes a permit is required to stay, but I doubt anyone will notice if it's one night. If you're arriving late even the BLM wouldn't disparage you for not getting a permit. If arriving late and staying the next day then get a permit in the morning.
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply