Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the RTR
(12-31-2017, 04:15 PM)shadowmoss Wrote: A cheaper heavy one from a discount store will work at first for RTR.  Temps will be in the mid to low 40's at night.  Later that sleeping bag can be an extra blanket, or padding below your other sleeping option.  Some things are easier down here where it doesn't freeze at night.

Yay! Hooray!!!! I can't wait to get away from this AWFUL 9 degrees outside!!!!!!!
Add Thank You Reply
(12-31-2017, 09:34 PM)bethiebugs Wrote: Yay! Hooray!!!! I can't wait to get away from this AWFUL 9 degrees outside!!!!!!!

9 degrees is reason enough in my book! I'm up by the top of Florida right now & it's in the 30s, we're visiting but we'll continue west tomorrow.

Rob
vwrobb@gmail.com
On the road....
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to becida for this post:
bethiebugs (01-01-2018)
I am also in Kansas and currently van/bus shopping. I was just thinking about getting a minivan to come to RTR, then decide if I want to upgrade to something bigger later. This cold weather is wearing on me!!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to allofJules for this post:
bethiebugs (01-03-2018)
(01-02-2018, 03:18 PM)allofJules Wrote: I am also in Kansas and currently van/bus shopping.  I was just thinking about getting a minivan to come to RTR, then decide if I want to upgrade to something bigger later.  This cold weather is wearing on me!!

allofJules,
I am thinking the same thing! This weather is ridiculous. I also think that starting out smaller (minivan) seems to me like a good way to start--not so overwhelming! Plus, the gas is much better...
Hope you see you there! Smile
Add Thank You Reply