Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other GMC Motorhome owners out here?
Hi Every1, Just wondering if there are any other classic GMC motorhome owners on this form. I have found the GMC community to be very helpful and active (Rallies, Forms, Support etc)

Found my 1973 about 6 months ago. She was named Mello Yello by the original owner and I decided to stick with it.... She's 26Ft Long and it the Canyon Land design. Have been getting it ready for full timing (Solar, Fridge Cooling unit, som minor repairs) 

Would be nice to see if there are any other owners here. 

Looking forward you hear from you guys and maybe see you somewhere along the road ..

Grtx Dutch Marc
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Dutch Marc for this post:
Ballenxj (12-25-2017), dawnann7 (12-25-2017)
Very cool!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to free2enjoy for this post:
Dutch Marc (12-25-2017)
Score!

They were ahead of their time in the 70's....and a well cared for unit today can still hold it's own...
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
dawnann7 (12-25-2017), Dutch Marc (12-25-2017)
(12-25-2017, 02:23 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Score!

They were ahead of their time in the 70's....and a well cared for unit today can still hold it's own...

Yep. I found all this after I got mine. Glad to know that all parts etc are still available...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
The potato bake couple had the same rig but in blue.
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
You're almost right Wagoneer! The potato bake couple, Mark and Donna, have a GMC but it's yellow too.
They did a great job remodeling it. Bob interviewed them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBZHD7WbzI
They come to the RTR so you should get to meet them and talk shop.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to tonyandkaren for this post:
Dutch Marc (12-25-2017)
Love that body style of RV's and others similar to it (Dodge Travco, Airstreams, etc) but I don't love the mpg that comes with them. If you don't travel much then it isn't bad but if you like to move around a lot then it might become a financial issue. I could see them as being awesome if you use the LTVA's frequently. Stay put for a couple of months and then move on when the season says to the next LTVA. Great score on that GMC Marc and I hope it gives you many years of happiness.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
Dutch Marc (12-25-2017)
I have see. This interview. He did a great job with the interior

Add Thank You Reply
(12-25-2017, 07:15 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Love that body style of RV's and others similar to it (Dodge Travco, Airstreams, etc) but I don't love the mpg that comes with them. If you don't travel much then it isn't bad but if you like to move around a lot then it might become a financial issue. I could see them as being awesome if you use the LTVA's frequently. Stay put for a couple of months and then move on when the season says to the next LTVA. Great score on that GMC Marc and I hope it gives you many years of happiness.

Yes 6-8/mpg ...This classic comes with a cost and it toll on the environment. :-( By buying a vintage the energy used to produce compared to a newer model has been spend well Undecided

Add Thank You Reply
I wish. I have a 77 gmc vandura 35 chassis class C, though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply