Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Only: Breathe, breathe, breathe....
Just had a bit of a panic attack.  What am I thinking, going off alone into the desert?!?!?!   

7 days and counting until I leave.   I can do this, I can do this....

It's just a little unnerving, boondocking alone.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to GypsySpirit for this post:
bethiebugs (12-27-2017), Gardenias (12-26-2017)
I did it last year solo. You’ll be fine. I hope to leave tomorrow and it will take me three days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 Ford F250 and a 30ft Springdale Travel Trailer. Happily full time since 7/2016.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
Gardenias (12-26-2017), GypsySpirit (12-25-2017)
A few years ago, as I drove out of my driveway in Texas, heading to Alaska just me and my two little dogs, I was literally shaking.  Four months and 10,500 miles later, after two flat tires and a busted windshield,  I pulled into the driveway a different person.  You can do this!

Repeat... You can do this!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 5 users say Thank You to Stargazer for this post:
AdventurousAdriana (01-02-2018), mayble (12-27-2017), Gardenias (12-26-2017), GypsySpirit (12-25-2017), dawnann7 (12-25-2017)
Memories and adventure, you can do this!
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
It was a momentary freaking out. Back to packing up the house. 7 days and counting!
Add Thank You Reply
I think it's the change of destination that threw me for a loop.   Had planned on Ehrenberg, and now not sure where to go.  I have a few ideas, but kinda lost now.
Add Thank You Reply
Hi Gypsy,

I'm pulling out this week too and planning on going to the BLM land near Lake Havasu for my initiation into this life. It is only a short 2-3 hour drive from Vegas. Worried more about how my little furry girl Bella is going to do on this journey. Won't be a long drive into Quartzite from there. As they say, one day at a time.

Safe travels.
On the journey of a lifetime!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Sleep for this post:
GypsySpirit (12-26-2017)
You can do it! There's lots of women around! I'm a complete newbie this year and made my way from New York State to Arizona in a Mini-van!

Not sure if you've already considered this, but the Long Term Visitor Area isn't such a bad place, especially for newbies. They will probably let you take a tour through if you want to check it out. For some reason it gets a bad rap, but I've found it quite pleasant.

When I landed in Quartzsite I ended up springing for the 40 bucks for 2 weeks at the Long Term Visitor area. I did also check out Ehrenberg. I'm a newbie this year, getting more confident as time goes by...but the LTVA gave me a safe place to land. I ended up paying for the rest of the season. There's quite a few women here that are planning to go to the RTR, just in my little area there are 5 women camping in vans. 

Good luck!

Mary Ellen
"Take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame." ~ Erica Jong
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to CoachOnTheRoad for this post:
bethiebugs (12-27-2017), Kia girl (12-27-2017), GypsySpirit (12-27-2017)
(12-27-2017, 05:32 PM)CoachOnTheRoad Wrote: When I landed in Quartzsite I ended up springing for the 40 bucks for 2 weeks at the Long Term Visitor area. I did also check out Ehrenberg. I'm a newbie this year, getting more confident as time goes by...but the LTVA gave me a safe place to land. I ended up paying for the rest of the season. There's quite a few women here that are planning to go to the RTR, just in my little area there are 5 women camping in vans. 

Good luck!

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen, I'm at La Posa South LTVA. I'd love to swing over and meet if you can tell me where you are out here
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
Gypsy Spirit where are you coming from? 
I'll be leaving Silver City New Mexico on January 1st. First stop is Lordsburg New Mexico, free camping right near the 10 (no dirt roads). Let me know if you or anyone else wants to caravan to the RTR at a leisurely pace. Lots of free camping along the way.

Lisa
Lisa
Canine co-pilots Mimi and Maka
94 Dodge Ram high top van
71 Yellowstone 19' travel trailer 
Add Thank You Reply