Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it be possible to install truck-to-camper pass-through?
Photo 
[Image: 3RBcNh.png]Like this patented one?  I've never seen a picture of anyone doing it.  You see a lot of females like the idea of 4WD with camper so as not to get stuck offroad.  It's difficult to find other 4WD RV-s.  They like a hard shell, and the idea of being able to jump into the driver's seat and taking off if need be without going outside like in a Class C...but it's difficult to find a small class C that has 4WD.
So if you had a say 3/4 ton 4wd truck, could this be fabricated like in this patent?
Add Thank You Reply
Yes it could be fabricated.

Some reasons it is not seen much could be,

- that no one has wanted to pay licensing to the owner of the patent.

- it lowers the strength of the cabin / truck bed, as they are typically designed.
This can however be compensated for, if one were to implement the system by cutting into existing truck cabins / truck beds. 

So in my opinion it is very much possible to create a bigger passage, than the small square windows that are typically otherwise being used. 

See for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u62gHi5CYM
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to MrAlvinDude for this post:
squid (12-26-2017)
I wouldn't cut the cab out but I would take the rear window out and install an accordion boot.  that's what I have done on my truck.  it gives you a pass through as big as the rear window,

highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
squid (12-26-2017)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important is pass-thru for truck/camper Not That Bob 25 4,259 09-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Last Post: pnolans