Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
thoughts on these for first dwelling?
Something else I just noticed in that CL ad for the 190:

"Part of the original Road Trek interior in this van was removed and replaced with other parts"

Who would pay big money for a Roadtrek and then yank the original stuff out? Unless it was seriously damaged or got ruined from water damage or a fire or something?

Yep...buyer beware on that one.
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
bethiebugs (12-27-2017)
Personally, I bought a "Custom" 1998 Dodge. Bitch was pulling the seats and then the "Modifying" which was a pain. I'd dicker hard on the chev, but would go with that as I could make it mine. I'd REALLY prefer a 3500 though. But would settle for the 2500 if I had to.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Wanderer for this post:
bethiebugs (12-27-2017)
(12-27-2017, 03:00 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Something else I just noticed in that CL ad for the 190:

"Part of the original Road Trek interior in this van was removed and replaced with other parts"

Who would pay big money for a Roadtrek and then yank the original stuff out? Unless it was seriously damaged or got ruined from water damage or a fire or something?

Yep...buyer beware on that one.

Haha! Too true--wow. And I realized also that this has been posted all over the place (ebay, other rv sites) for a while now. No wonder!
Add Thank You Reply
Bethie...
here is a Nissan NV2500 Hightop Cargo Van in Grand Prairie TX.
https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/li...5000723144

Looks like a pretty nice van...
We have a 2012, have built in everything. It is a great van. I drive it everywhere, even
just shopping in town!
Nissi     Smile

Nissan NV2500 High Top
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Nissi for this post:
bethiebugs (12-30-2017)
(12-30-2017, 04:27 PM)Nissi Wrote: Bethie...
here is a Nissan NV2500 Hightop Cargo Van in Grand Prairie TX.
https://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/li...5000723144

Looks like a pretty nice van...
We have a 2012, have built in everything.  It is a great van.  I drive it everywhere, even
just shopping in town!

WOW! That's awesome!!!! Ohhhh... a bit steep for me, though. But I'll bet that would be an ideal one, for sure. Here in Kansas it seems to be a wasteland of nothing so far...but I'm spending pretty much most of my time searching and trying!
Add Thank You Reply
A nice one won't be going cheap, and I wouldn't want higher mileage than that.
Add Thank You Reply
{ugh, I still can't format lists properly for some reason}

Some info for the NV-curious:  The NV has the longest warranty, 5yr/100,000m bumper to bumper and powertrain.  Also the highest ground clearance at 8.1".

When I was looking for a camper I checked out the NV to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.  

My personal take:

* truck-ish cockpit (it's a Titan pickup from the cab forward).  I like trucks, but it's a matter of tasted.  To me, the Transit's cockpit felt like modern minivan and the Promaster like a bus. [/li]

* design and build seems very strong.  Would take it anywhere.[/li]

* least expensive of the high top vans[/li]

* although it is the same interior width as the Transit it felt much narrower to me.  I stress this was a personal gut reaction and not based on reason/evidence, but this was the only van I have ever climbed into where my first thought was "I can't live in this."  That's a rare feeling for me;  I see closets, jail cells on tv, and other small spaces and my immediate reaction is "I could live in there!"  <-- yes, I am weird[/li]

* if Nissan made these in 4x4 they would be an instant hit with overlanders and boondockers. [/li]

Here is a wiki page I started about the NV.  Haven't fleshed it out much yet, still learning!
frater/jason @ RTR 1000ft E of main camp on "dark blue" road
blog | Promaster van | offtopic answers
"I would unite with anybody to do right; and with nobody to do wrong" F. Douglass
Add Thank You Reply
Quick question: Is a Chevy Express 3500 overkill? And is gas mileage that much worse in this? I have found several 3500 in my price range, but 2500 or 1500 are expensive or scarce.
Add Thank You Reply