Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cargo trailer wish list
Since I have to put some money into my Suburban, I won't be going with the finished Weeroll.  Instead, I'm going to get a blank slate enclosed cargo trailer, use it for storage and living space (sleep in the Burb for the time being) and finish it out as money and time permit.  

If you know where I can find what I'm looking for, please let me know.  I'm in Maryland now but I could pick it up from another location as I head west (in June).

Wish list:

6' x 10' x 6'
3/4" plywood walls and floor 
LED lights (running lights and at least one overhead light)
RV style side door
Back barn doors
Dexter axle (can be single) 
Radial tires with outside mounted spare
stabilizer jacks

If possible, I'd like to find this for $2500 or under.
Add Thank You Reply
Been lucky on craigs with 2 trailers. Older "Wells Cargo" is a great start
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to wagoneer for this post:
mothercoder (12-28-2017)
There's a used 6x10 Haulmark trailer for sale here in upstate NY for $1500 but no entry door or window. I think you might be able to find a used one at that price, maybe a new one.
Add Thank You Reply
[quote='Hi,I am just starting out on the RV lifestyle journey.  I am actually having a custom-built cargo trailer, complete with factory-installed insulation, electrical and windows.I\'ve been looking for a trailer for almost a year, but not finding something in the right price range that wasn't a complete nightmare.  Then I found the trailers in Georgia.  Georgia seems to be a hot-bed of trailer manufacturers. I am having a 6x12x6'6" V-nose built with full insulation, 30-amp electrical, front and rear RV style doors, and 5 windows built - and delivered - for about the same price I could find a new trailer up here in New York. 
Since I have to put some money into my Suburban, I won't be going with the finished Weeroll.  Instead, I'm going to get a blank slate enclosed cargo trailer, use it for storage and living space (sleep in the Burb for the time being) and finish it out as money and time permit.  

If you know where I can find what I'm looking for, please let me know.  I'm in Maryland now but I could pick it up from another location as I head west (in June).

Wish list:

6' x 10' x 6'
3/4" plywood walls and floor 
LED lights (running lights and at least one overhead light)
RV style side door
Back barn doors
Dexter axle (can be single) 
Radial tires with outside mounted spare
stabilizer jacks

If possible, I'd like to find this for $2500 or under.
[/quote]
Add Thank You Reply
BigRockSpeaker:  Yes, Georgia is a hot bed but also known for poorly made trailers, depending on the manufacturer.  May I ask who you are purchasing one from and what price they quoted you?  Thanks!
Add Thank You Reply
(12-30-2017, 04:39 PM)ride4321 Wrote: There's a used 6x10 Haulmark trailer for sale here in upstate NY for $1500 but no entry door or window. I think you might be able to find a used one at that price, maybe a new one.

Yes, I'm finding some 6x10 and 6x12 new or fairly new trailers in my price range but they all seem to be missing at least one element from my wish list.  I figure if need be I can switch out the tires for radials, get a spare or move it to an outside mount and have stabilizer jacks added.  I could also switch out the lights for LED. The rest is harder (and more expensive) to change out.  I'd settle for a ramp but I'd really rather have the barn doors.  And I am adamant about the dexter axle and RV door.
Add Thank You Reply