Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smad 12 volt Fridge/Freezer reviews?
I had planned to buy an Engel, but after re-measuring the space we have allotted for a fridge, I am looking for a much narrower unit.  

I found this Chinese-made Smad fridge on Amazon and wondered if anyone had experience with it?  It has a Danfoss compressor according to the manufacturer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075GJ3R3P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2S9J32G0YFW1P&psc=1
Sofie the Sprinter, 2002 low roof

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
Get a cardboard box 1 cu ft in volume and confirm that's big enough for you.

Contact the mfg and check the warranty policy, may require buying from authorized dealer.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to John61CT for this post:
SondraRose (12-30-2017)
While you may have a space selected, could you redesign? I have a Indel-B marketed by Truck Fridge and it is an excellent product with many years of experience. In the same price range of that copy. Search through here; https://www.truckfridge.com/portable-ref...-freezers/
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Weight for this post:
SondraRose (12-30-2017)
(12-30-2017, 10:08 AM)Weight Wrote: While you may have a space selected, could you redesign? I have a Indel-B marketed by Truck Fridge and it is an excellent product with many years of experience. In the same price range of that copy. Search through here; https://www.truckfridge.com/portable-ref...-freezers/

Thanks for the recommendation!  I think the TF-31 will suit our needs perfectly.  Do you know how fast they ship?

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
I don't recall any problem. I can't locate my records. But, they are not on my list of slow shippers.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Weight for this post:
SondraRose (12-31-2017)
(12-31-2017, 08:22 AM)Weight Wrote: I don't recall any problem. I can't locate my records. But, they are not on my list of slow shippers.

Ordered it yesterday, and it will be here by Friday!

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
make sure to give us a report. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
SondraRose (01-09-2018)
Truck fridge arrived last Friday. Overall, I am pleased. It’s the TB-31 model. 1 cu. ft.

Really great that I can move it myself at just over 35 lbs empty.

Packaged really well and all parts present. Assembling the handles was finicky and time consuming due to design flaws, but I got it done. The basket will be useful.

The lid is a bit thin and I will put a pillow on top for some added insulation.

When in fridge mode, it draws about 3 amps when the compressor is on. In freezer mode, about 5 amps.

The compressor is a bit noisy (to me), but I am pretty sound-sensitive. It’s not any louder than our new house fridge, though.

It cooled to fridge temp in 1/2 hour. Froze a cup of water in about 4 hours.

I’m doing real world testing at the RTR for 9 days, so will share more then.

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
Great report, hard numbers and all!

You don't find it just too tiny?

If you're willing, AH use per 24hrs after full of contents at target temp would be ideal, note ambient as well.

Note the lid's job is mostly sealing, the heat from the sides and below needs more insulation than the top.

If you can feel where the heat builds up, increasing air circulation there should help.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to John61CT for this post:
SondraRose (01-09-2018)
(01-09-2018, 10:28 AM)John61CT Wrote: You don't find it just too tiny?

I eat a mostly carnivorous diet that is pretty nutrient dense and I don’t eat much food at age 54, as a small build woman.  Just meat, cheese, cream and a couple of condiments that need refrigeration.  

Per your earlier suggestion, prior to purchasing the fridge, I took a 1 cu. ft. box I had on hand and test-filled it with my food for 10 days for the RTR.  Had room left over!

It’s important to me that I can physically move all of our van components by myself, if needed.  We opted to keep everything modular and portable until we decide if we want to do a full build-out in the future.

When my husband and I travel together this summer, we will restock more often and carry a cooler for his veggies.

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Max Burton fridge/freezer anm 163 13,844 12-16-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: John61CT
  Whynter 62 QT Ac/DC Fridge Freezer kylakemike 35 7,958 08-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: John61CT
  Less expensive 12-volt fridge recommendations? AmieW 30 3,158 05-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: This world isn't home