Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my math wrong?? My 200 watt panels are not even close to 200 watts..
No sun.. but before I jumped out for my shower it was up to 12.7 or 12.8

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Started fulltiming 01/17 -  '98 Chevy Express 1500 Gladiator 
Add Thank You Reply
(12-31-2017, 02:28 PM)ArmorAbby Wrote:  it was up to 12.7 or 12.8

It needs to be up to about 14.4 at noon or 2 pm on a sunny day.  You don't get to see that if you are at work.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. 1 of Ten Cannots, Rev. William John Henry Boetcker, 1916.
Add Thank You Reply
I dont know if it got that high. But... I caved and bought a butane stove. I got butane instead of propane because I liked the model. Looked flat and sturdy.. over the propane that had me afraid of tipping... Im gonna try it tonight with some.hot cocoa... problem is.. all my water is frozen.. so I have to find another spot for it... usually the floor is the antarctic here... anything above knee level is nice and toasty

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Started fulltiming 01/17 -  '98 Chevy Express 1500 Gladiator 
Add Thank You Reply
Get some cheap throw rugs. 

They made a difference in my rig.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
Your batteries are scrap metal, replace them, and better not to mix types or different ages.

Get proper deep cycle batteries, nothing Walmart sells comes close, IMO anything 12V from big box or automotive is wasting money long-term.

The best battery value by far is Duracell (actually Deka/East Penn) FLA deep cycle golf cart batteries, 2x6V, less than $180 per 200+AH pair from BatteriesPlus or Sam's Club.

More AH rating will help in the cold.

But no matter how big the bank you have to get them back to 100% Full at least a few times per week.

Never discharge any further than 12V, or 50% SoC, if you want your batts to last.

Don't use electricity for anything involving heat, unless you know amps, amp-hours and/or can recharge on demand.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-31-2017, 12:40 PM)GotSmart Wrote: It all depends on the battery. Vague general warnings do no good. Read up on the exact unit being used. All other information does not apply.

All true

However, some batteries simply do not have detailed info about them available. So then there is only general numbers and general advice to be had. 

So one type of general advice could be; to stay away from batteries that have no specific info available. As such batteries can always be expected to have a shorter lifespan. Meaning: shorter than the 3 to 7+ years that can be expected from higher quality batteries, that are treated right.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-31-2017, 07:08 PM)MrAlvinDude Wrote: stay away from batteries that have no specific info available
Yes quality vendors have detailed spec sheets, test charts etc easily available, and/or great tech support available via phone call or email.

At a bare minimum DoD% vs lifetime cycles chart is needed, just to verify the deep cycling claim.
Add Thank You Reply
Sams club is Walmart
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
ArmorAbby (01-01-2018)
(12-31-2017, 07:53 PM)GotSmart Wrote: Sams club is Walmart

Not exactly.

Different suppliers. Different logistics model. Different customer base. Different products.
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
Most of the same products. Especially the batteries

Sales club sells bigger packages for more money.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A 1,500 Watt PSW inverter that can surge to 3,400 Watts Boyntonstu 25 975 11-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Last Post: This world isn't home
  $100 for 100 Watt SOlar Panels at Home Depot. 4-8-2016 One day only. ZOFCHAK 4 1,105 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Vantastic
  320 Watt Cynergy Solar Panels, new in box for $109.00 Benjamin Dejo 13 3,482 08-27-2016, 03:25 AM
Last Post: NoLimit