Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety and the RTR
(01-01-2018, 11:46 AM)Stargazer Wrote: As for RTR, I'm just not going.  A group that large -- no way!!  Can't get far enough away.  *shiver*.

I have a friend from the RTR two years back, it got to be too much for him. He went away for a couple of days to be by himself, then he came back.  It's not hard to do as the area is huge.

Rob
vwrobb@gmail.com
On the road....
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to becida for this post:
La Tortuga (01-02-2018)
I saw that there's a Meditation Camp (from the Gatherings Section on the Forums). This might be something to consider--maybe it could offer the best of both worlds...being around people, but also offering an ability to 'calm down' from sensory overload.
Tracy Sheppard, M.A.
"Act the way you want to FEEL"--Author Unknown

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to TKay for this post:
La Tortuga (01-02-2018)
I'm nervous ... I'm an early riser with an old dog that goes out frequently, I'm worried about closing my van doors at 4:30 am after she goes out (old van hard to close doors) ... I'm coping by just getting there and hoping that I can find a place close to the "action" and yet far enough away that I don't feel claustrophobic or disturb others.  I'm not arriving until the 10th so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Sucking up the nerves is all I can do ...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to RV-Hopeful for this post:
Sonyatech (01-04-2018), La Tortuga (01-02-2018)
(12-31-2017, 05:46 PM)Deal Breaker Wrote: It’s a very big desert... camp remotely and drive to the RTR for the daily activities.. no need to camp at RTR Headquarters....
good idea!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to RV-Hopeful for this post:
La Tortuga (01-02-2018)
(01-02-2018, 10:18 AM)RV-Hopeful Wrote: I'm nervous ... I'm an early riser with an old dog that goes out frequently, I'm worried about closing my van doors at 4:30 am after she goes out (old van hard to close doors) ... I'm coping by just getting there and hoping that I can find a place close to the "action" and yet far enough away that I don't feel claustrophobic or disturb others.  I'm not arriving until the 10th so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Sucking up the nerves is all I can do ...

No one is going to care if you need to slam van doors at 4th in the morning. Also, don't worry about walking out alone at night with your dog.  I used to take my little poodle cricket out at all hours at the rtr. We're good people.

Red
2016 blog:   http://chasingflowers.com
Greeting Cards I design:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChasingFlowersCards

"I was surprised mermaids were in fresh water too. I really must keep more open of a mind or I may someday lose track of reality. 

Diane
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to dragonflyinthesky for this post:
Sonyatech (01-04-2018)
RV hopeful,
I agree with Red dragonflyinthesky, it's okay if you need to make necessary door slamming noise. My boy dog usually wants to go outside at least once a night, so I hear you.
And yes, we're good people! We've all got nerves and/or excitement.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Aloha
Lisa
Canine co-pilots Mimi and Maka
94 Dodge Ram high top van
71 Yellowstone 19' travel trailer 
Add Thank You Reply