Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High top roof only
I have a high-top roof only for sale, $450.00. Add an extra 19" to the interior heigth of your rig! It has already been removed from the van. Easy two man install. I can deliver to outside of the RTR meeting site in January 2018 (no sales allowed inside camp). I could also possibly deliver in California, Oregon, or elsewhere in Arizona for an additional charge. I need to know by January 4th if you want it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
(12-31-2017, 05:16 PM)49erMike Wrote: I have a high-top roof only for sale, $450.00. Add an extra 19" to the interior heigth of your rig! It has already been removed from the van. Easy two man install. I can deliver to outside of the RTR meeting site in January 2018 (no sales allowed inside camp). I could also possibly deliver in California, Oregon, or elsewhere in Arizona for an additional charge. I need to know by January 4th if you want it.

Isn't it actually a 'mid-high' top? Or whatever the correct term is?   Stand up room for shorter people only.
1993 Ford E150 conversion

Add Thank You Reply
TV top or turtle top.

Some guesses on my part: 

* it looks like max height is at the side entry;  makes sense.  

* The 19" height at that point would be measured from around the rain gutter where the OEM top would be cut off.  Let's say it's 3" from the gutter to the OEM interior height. 

* G-series vans were 53.7" tall inside.  Add 16" actual height increase for the TV top and that gives us 69.6" (5' 9.6") at the entry and floor are unfinished.  Somewhat less in places other than the entry area.

If OP remembers the interior height when installed on his van that would be great.  Thanks!
frater/jason @ Quartzsite
blog | Promaster van | offtopic answers
"I would unite with anybody to do right; and with nobody to do wrong" F. Douglass
Add Thank You Reply
(12-31-2017, 06:14 PM)slow2day Wrote: Isn't it actually a 'mid-high' top? Or whatever the correct term is?   Stand up room for shorter people only.

That is correct. It is only 19" inches at the highest point and not 24" as a full standup high top is. It is still much more comfortable and useable than a standard top.
Add Thank You Reply
(01-01-2018, 01:40 PM)49erMike Wrote: That is correct. It is only 19" inches at the highest point and not 24" as a full standup high top is. It is still much more comfortable and useable than a standard top.

Yes, I agree. My Ford conversion has a similar top and even though I can't stand up all the way (I'm 5'-11") I just need to duck a little. So now I can stand up and pull my pants on much easier than my old van with regular roof line.
1993 Ford E150 conversion

Add Thank You Reply
That's a great looking van. Just curious why you'd want to remove the top?

I wish I could find a van like that around here. :/
Add Thank You Reply
Did that top ever sell? I would so glue that on my Ford!
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
(01-09-2018, 03:04 PM)Headache Wrote: Did that top ever sell?  I would so glue that on my Ford!

Sorry, it's gone.
Add Thank You Reply