Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragic Propane Heater Accident
3 family members found dead at Brown County deer camp

http://www.ktxs.com/679434246

Please be very very careful with propane heaters and ventilation.
Add Thank You Reply
Dang.

Of course we can't see the other side, but it looks like there are no windows or vents.
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
very sad and a good warning but why would they post a pic of camp if they haven't released name
I am good with good .... Wonder how she feels about me ?
Add Thank You Reply
Oh wow, how sad. Sad Two of the victims are from my city. A sober warning to us all. Sad
Add Thank You Reply
Too bad for all involved.

Seems like every few years around where I'm at there are deaths caused by people bringing a charcoal grill inside for warmth. What many think of as common knowledge is actually not the case and you can repeat warnings in the instructions plus the news and in the papers all you want and they just don't see it.

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
Or then the folks who run a generator in the basement...
-Zonie
Still Workin...
Add Thank You Reply
Hill believes the victims died from carbon monoxide poisoning. He said the victims were using propane heaters to stay warm, but the cabin did not have proper ventilation.

There's the reason......I always have my side slide windows open when operating my heater.......
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Add Thank You Reply
Propane goes up to the roof. If you don't have a roof vent and only side vents, you still should be cautious?
Add Thank You Reply
(01-01-2018, 05:48 PM)RVTravel Wrote: Propane goes up to the roof. If you don't have a roof vent and only side vents, you still should be cautious?

Huh?

Heated air rises, but raw propane vapor is heavier than air and sinks.

But it was the CO that got 'em.  Two or three heaters and no vents.
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
(01-01-2018, 05:48 PM)RVTravel Wrote: Propane goes up to the roof. If you don't have a roof vent and only side vents, you still should be cautious?

Not sure what you are getting at but propane is heavier than air so will accumulate on the floor. Natural gas is lighter than air.

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply