Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utility Trailer Conversion
I am selling my trailer conversion.  I won't be advertising locally (Western Massachusetts) until Spring, but I thought I'd post it here to get a gauge of interest and possibly suggestions on what I should ask for price. It's basically new with 6 months use:

Here are tthe details:

Wells Cargo 6x10ft quality construction
6'6" interior height
New Tires
200 watt solar with inverter
2 Interstate 6 volt golf carts (being kept on charger now)
3 burner Gas stove w oven
2 20# gas bottles - tongue mounted
13 gallon water tank with pump and sink
cold water shower stall
45 qt Whynter fridge
pull out 78" sofa/bed w 5" foam mattress
Lots of storage
Roof vent fan (not Fan-tastic)
Interior outlets for 110 and 12 volt
Closet with pull-out table/work surface
Solid Finished Maple Plywood interior (cost $75 a sheet)with insulation - walls 1/2" ply, cabinets 34" ply

Things that it needs:
Cauliking around shower pan (I never used the shower)
New shower wand/nozzel
There is an issue with the window in the door leaking. I would replace the window
Wave 2 heater is not functional, but the gas lead in is in a handy place for a Buddy (included)
Stereo is not working, so needs replacement, but it's hooked up to high quality speakers and would be a 15 minute change out.

I towed it behind a 6 cylinder Nissan pick-up

Anyway, that's the gist.  Even if you're not in the market, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the value of this sweet little trailer.  Thanks
Add Thank You Reply
Why does Mothercoder come to mind?
Add Thank You Reply
Wow, very handsome! How much does it weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
(01-03-2018, 07:50 PM)Technomad Wrote: Wow, very handsome!  How much does it weigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. The GVW with barn doors is 2990# - probably heavier with ramp.  Add the various components, so...

It's the TW101 model. Specs here:
Add Thank You Reply
What's the price?
Add Thank You Reply
(01-04-2018, 12:57 PM)closeanuf Wrote: What's the price?

I don't have a clue. I was thinking about taking the fair value of the trailer and adding 50% of the cost of the various components. Alternately I could strip the trailer and sell everything separately - would be kind of a shame though since here's quite a bit of work in the cabinets wiring and insulation.  So not sure what I'd ask for it. Don't think I could go higher than what a small used manufactured TT would cost
Add Thank You Reply
Stripping it wouldn't be a shame.  IT WOULD BE A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY !!!!!!!
Add Thank You Reply
posted in wrong place
Add Thank You Reply
(01-02-2018, 02:42 PM)closeanuf Wrote: Why does Mothercoder come to mind?

It is pretty nice. Smile  It would depend on the price plus MA is a bit of a haul from MD.
Add Thank You Reply
(02-01-2018, 01:03 AM)mothercoder Wrote: It is pretty nice. Smile  It would depend on the price plus MA is a bit of a haul from MD.

Gee, if I didn't already order my trailer I might consider it!

The suggestion of 50% the cost of the components seems low - you need to consider the labor of install, and from the pictures the craftsmanship seems high quality.  In the crafts trade, I was always told to multiply the cost of supplies by 3 for an accurate asking price.  Taking into account the non-functioning appliances and the slightly used condition, I might multiply by 1.5-2, add the cost of a slightly used CT, and you should have your asking price.

That being said, if mothercoder is interested, I can offer to drive the trailer to MD on my way to pick up my own in 3 weeks, maybe for the cost of gas to get there?.  I am just over the border from MA in NY.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utility Bed Trailer? Ballenxj 2 430 02-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Last Post: bullfrog