Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RTR internet this year
I arrived in Quartzsite last night for a brief stop over before I find a quiet spot. I did not set up the booster but I did turn on all of the hotspots to see who got which signals. AT&T and Verizon are strong here as they were last year, The big difference is Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sprint was 3G only and this year there is a LTE signal. T-Mobile was so weak that people were going to Ehrenberg to be able to stream, last night it was streaming without issues.

So bring your hotspots, phones and weary ipads on which ever service gives you the best price, they all work this year. (3G Verizon is a full signal and streaming like a...)
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 14 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
free2enjoy (01-13-2018), Teresa33 (01-09-2018), AdventurousAdriana (01-08-2018), dawnann7 (01-08-2018), Headache (01-08-2018), galladanb (01-06-2018), mpruet (01-05-2018), frater secessus (01-03-2018), GypsySpirit (01-02-2018), DLTooley (01-02-2018), Deal Breaker (01-02-2018), Blanch (01-02-2018), SondraRose (01-02-2018), Van Man Dave (01-02-2018)
Great news, thanks Jim!
https://tinyurl.com/y74tm6pa

Proud YARC inductee
Add Thank You Reply
(01-02-2018, 11:14 AM)jimindenver Wrote: I arrived in Quartzsite last night for a brief stop over before I find a quiet spot. I did not set up the booster but I did turn on all of the hotspots to see who got which signals. AT&T and Verizon are strong here as they were last year, The big difference is Sprint and T-Mobile.

Sprint was 3G only and this year there is a LTE signal. T-Mobile was so weak that people were going to Ehrenberg to be able to stream, last night it was streaming without issues.

So bring your hotspots, phones and weary ipads on which ever service gives you the best price, they all work this year. (3G Verizon is a full signal and streaming like a...)

Is that a boostable sprint band or one of the newer ones that cell boosters aren't allowed to boost? I know Sprint has one or two bands that are not boosted by any cell boosters
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16152]My Freedom-24' 4,000lb 1993 Lance 5th wheel w/1235 Watt Solar/LiFePo & 2003 4x4 Chevy Duramax

Add Thank You Reply
Sprint has band 41 and it receives a boost if you are using a wide band directional antenna.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
Itripper (01-03-2018)
Thank you Jim dear. I get my hot spot tomorrow!
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
I keep meaning to get a hotspot for my iPhone, but the added expense always stops me.

Well that and I live in area with plenty of service. One day I hope to make the RTR, though, and having a HS would be a big help when I want to download and post photos from the road.

Nice to know there a good signal out there in the boonies.
Add Thank You Reply
Well, looks like I'm the toilet paper wiping up the rear as always.  I've been getting a solid 3 bars on my Verizon phone but everyone was gobbing up the tower last night.   The show I was watching had buffered so much I didn't realize until over an hour later that I had watched 7 minutes of it. Right now it's wonderful. 

My new Sprint hotspot is worse.  I'm lucky if I get 2 bars on it and that's even right now.  Jim I think the signals wait till I'm parked and then hide themselves.  I'm behind the bulletin board in the disabled section pouting.

Also if you have a thread on your boosters and related stuff I'd like to keep the link handy. I tried watching the video last night but...

/sad panda
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
Good info Jim. Arrived at the RTR today and have 3 bars LTE with Verizon, without hooking to my booster. Hope to see ya.
Bob
2016 Ford Transit 2500, 130" WB, Mid roof
Full time since Aug 2016
Add Thank You Reply
Your van is acting like a metal box blocking the Sprint signal. I loaned out one and they said it worked great if they set it on top of their truck except late afternoon when the traffic on I 10 was busy.

Here is my booster set up thread.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/show...?tid=23412

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
free2enjoy (01-13-2018), Headache (01-12-2018)
Bob, I look forward to seeing you again too. Bring the girls.

Add Thank You Reply