Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sugar challenge?!
just tried no sugar in my second cup off coffee for the day. realized it is passable, so i can not put off doing a no-sugar diet cleanse thingy any longer.

its cold here in NE, even the dogs don't want to go out and burn off energy. is not good.
so going to start tomorrow AM, cut all processed sugars out...honey is OK, but no artificial sweeteners either, and limited natural sugars (as in from fruit)

PM me if you want to join in and be on a daily email list for encouragement!
a tag along vagabond, hopefully ftrv by 2020
tav-2020   http://tagalongvagabond.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to tav-2020 for this post:
free2enjoy (01-05-2018), SondraRose (01-03-2018)
I've been off sugar for a little over a month ... sweets are my downfall for sure as well as carbs, been cutting back on both those items with the occasional cheat.  Some days I really miss it but most days I don't (after the first couple of days).  My best friend lives in Omaha and she said it's soooooo darn cold!  ekkk ... stay warm!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to RV-Hopeful for this post:
free2enjoy (01-05-2018), SondraRose (01-03-2018), tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
Life wouldn't be worth living for me without a bit of nice quality chocolate.

Unless I'm traveling overseas, in which case I settle for the regular stuff if I have to.

New Year's feast we've got pecan pie leftovers, does that count?

I've given up so many vices, that one'll be the last to go for sure.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to John61CT for this post:
tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
No sugar and no starch is how I thrive. Smile

For me, even a little bit of sweet taste makes me crave carbs, so I decided to cut it out completely. I figure I’ve eaten enough sugar in my 54 years to last for a couple more lifetimes!

One of my fave resources is the Ketogenic Forums:
http://www.ketogenicforums.com
Sofie the Sprinter, 2002 low roof

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to SondraRose for this post:
Van Man Dave (01-04-2018), Van Mama Wannabe (01-03-2018), Snow Gypsy (01-03-2018), tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
Trying to cut both sugar and flour to a bare minimum. If anyone is familiar with Dr. Gott, the diet he promotes is a "no sugar, no flour". Also, going back to a mostly raw diet. Cheating always just starts the whole withdrawal process over again. Thinking "whole foods" for life at this point, and not turning back. At 63, I've had my share of the world's sugar and flour.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to Snow Gypsy for this post:
SondraRose (01-03-2018), Van Mama Wannabe (01-03-2018), tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
Butter Makes Your Pants Fall Off by Bob Briggs
He lost some 150 lb by eating less than 20g/day carbs
Pretty interesting

Insulin prevents lipolysis and triggers hunger...so don't trigger your insulin.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to squid for this post:
SondraRose (01-05-2018), tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
Butter Makes Your Pants Fall Off by Bob Briggs
He lost some 150 lb by eating less than 20g/day carbs
Pretty interesting

Insulin prevents lipolysis and triggers hunger...so don't trigger your insulin.

Heart Bob has a Facebook page with some great posts!

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to SondraRose for this post:
tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
The **super** low carb diets have risks. I'd do it supervised if possible, elsewise I'd alternate to start.

Stevia makes a good sweetener substitute, just don't use too much. I do carbs in beans and carrots. I'll cheat occasionally with a sweet potato, and regularly with popcorn. A quarter cup unpopped has only 25 grams carbs.
-Douglas Tooley

My Blog
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to DLTooley for this post:
Itripper (01-04-2018), tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
(01-03-2018, 04:16 PM)DLTooley Wrote: The **super** low carb diets have risks.  I'd do it supervised if possible, elsewise I'd alternate to start.

Thousands of people following a Ketogenic diet for years on less than 20g of carbs would beg to differ!

Lots of good science on the Ketogenic Forums I linked to in my earlier post, if you care to read up.

I’ve been doing it for over 5 years and have never felt better.  

No meds for anything and I maintain just a few pounds over my high school weight at age 54.

Oh, and I have been nutrition coaching for about 17 years and research the heck out of any way of eating before I recommend it to my clients. Keto is perfectly safe and some people just need some electrolyte supplementation and extra Magnesium to get through the adaptation period and not feel like crap.

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to SondraRose for this post:
tav-2020 (01-03-2018)
Read the book "Sugar Blues".  It's an old book but a great read.  I went without sugar for a year and never felt better.  That was years ago when I had will power.  Get off sugar and acid reflux goes away.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to closeanuf for this post:
SondraRose (01-03-2018), tav-2020 (01-03-2018)