Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picking a tow vehicle/field trip mobile...
I had a Chevy 6.0 gas and it would lug down climbing the long interstate hills, while towing my travel trailer.

I replaced it with a 5.9 Cummins diesel and it will climb any hill now. What a huge difference.
I love camping, traveling and fly fishing in the mountains. 
Add Thank You Reply
Horsepower has little to do with towing a heavy load.
Smile Smile Smile
No matter where you go or what you buy, the same person stares back at you in the mirror.
Heart Make that person someone you love  and accept with honesty. 

The rest will take care of itself.
Add Thank You Reply
This is kinda interesting even though the mileage is high.

Link
Add Thank You Reply
Looks like this one was a fire chiefs truck Smile I bet it was very well maintained, unless he was an ass, lol.
Very tempting!
Add Thank You Reply
Listing deleted already. Might have been a cream puff.
Brian

2000 Roadtrek 200 Versatile "The Beast" (it has been tamed hopefully)  I feed it and it doesn't bite me.
Add Thank You Reply
Looks like I grabbed an old listing here is a new one

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1...17014.html
Add Thank You Reply
(Yesterday, 08:20 PM)Redbearded Wrote: Looks like I grabbed an old listing here is a new one

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/1...17014.html

JD approved. LOL

As you look at all these, you do not talk about which would meet your needs the best.

Pickup/Van/SUV/Cargo truck-flatbed???

WHat are your needs?

The SUV is great because on date night with couples, it is a comfy beast for 6 people...or 9 smaller people.
 Unless you are bringing a ATV with you, I don't see the advantage in a cargo flatbed.
Have you worked this out?
No matter where you go or what you buy, the same person stares back at you in the mirror.
Heart Make that person someone you love  and accept with honesty. 

The rest will take care of itself.
Add Thank You Reply
I just need it to pull the trailer, lol. I figure I have plenty of room in the trailer for about anything given that so far it's just me and the dog Smile I am pretty flexible as to the layout of the vehicle, but I want something that if I need to I could drive for 800 miles in an emergency. I'm only 36 so that is about anything I can fit into, lol (I'm on the far end of the horizontally gifted spectrum, so needs to have room to put the seat back a bit).

I can outfit about any vehicle with whatever I decide I need later (solar, bed, mobile garage, etc). I figure 4x4 and towing a the trailer while not breaking down is a good start Smile
Add Thank You Reply