Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Wrecked my New Van in Oregon
Glad you're okay. Sure was a mashup on your new van. Sorry to hear about your van accident, it's always an ongoing shock & disbelief that it happened. Similar to PTSD, not as long lasting, fortunately. I hope your insurance helps you recover the losses and you get back on the road SOON.
It makes me stop and think on my tires in snowy weather. I've been considering buying snow tires for winter driving in Jan 2019 into north Utah & Colorado road & camp site tripping. I wish I could rent winter tires for 3 or 4 months rather than buy outright for one season only.
2000 Dodge RAM B-3500 Extended Cargo Van - 5.9L V8 Tongue  47,542 miles. My MPG's are good, monthly cost is 10% of my former home mortgage and utilities. 

A quiet life most desired; quite an emphasis on quiet along with pleasing sounds of nature.
Add Thank You Reply
(Yesterday, 03:44 AM)And Goodwill Wrote: Glad you're okay. Sure was a mashup on your new van. Sorry to hear about your van accident, it's always an ongoing shock & disbelief that it happened. Similar to PTSD, not as long lasting, fortunately. I hope your insurance helps you recover the losses and you get back on the road SOON.
It makes me stop and think on my tires in snowy weather. I've been considering buying snow tires for winter driving in Jan 2019 into north Utah & Colorado road & camp site tripping. I wish I could rent winter tires for 3 or 4 months rather than buy outright for one season only.

Thanks! I am still going through many emotions; gratitude, sadness, anger, disbelief, frustration etc. Time will get me through it but right now really sucks.

The van did not have full coverage so the $4000 I spent on the van is gone. I am waiting to see how much of my medical Geicko is going to cover.

Snow chains are a pain in the ass but would be a cheaper alternative to studded tires and would be easier to store when not needed
Live Wild • Play Loud • Fly Free
Add Thank You Reply