Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameras/ Photography
I agree people trained traditionally in film have an edge over those who have only used digital; most I've met do not understand photography to be a two step process, and that the data captured in the film, if properly exposed, rarely looks like the finished image. They think PS is designed to fix mistakes lol. I enjoy hearing somebody plan to be so good (or who thinks they are so good) they can pull the final image off the camera with no adjustments, and have it perfect.

Live and learn.

On reason I drifted to Nikon in the early 80s was for the lens interchangeability - and the quality of the lenses.
"It's always darkest just before lightning scares the crap out of you."
Add Thank You Reply
Shot on a 7mp Olympus and doctored in Photoscape.
Photography is fun.
Add Thank You Reply
 Go to  http://www.steves-digicams.com/  Personally, one thing that I find important in a camera (I do the 'cheap' P&S) is the autofocus time, shutter delay and how fast it can take the next image. I settled for a Canon Digital Elph (in HOT pink). ..Willy.
Add Thank You Reply
Canons make good point and shoot cameras. I like having some manual features. If you can manually set the focus, you're not going to worry much about shutter delay. Just set the lens to its hyper focal distance.

[Image: 4110916858_62e5d4d410.jpg]
StainedGlass2 by jglennhart, on Flickr
Add Thank You Reply
In '07 ordered a digital canon SLR from an outfit who then cancelled my order when they were unable to upsell me on anything.  I then decided to get get a good point and shoot and wait for the next generation of DSLR.

I got a Canon A640 that one can manually set exposures and all sorts of other features usually only found in SLR's.  Takes AA batteries, swivel screen. 10.0 MP.
[Image: 003_zpsd7a1c78d.jpg]

It also can focus onto something 1/2 inch from the lens, taking excellent macro photos.
[Image: 8350d463_zps4d0822eb.jpg]

Never did get the DSLR.
Add Thank You Reply
I have an Olympus 4/3rd -- which as far as I understand it is kind of like a DSLR, but made with proprietary Olympus bits and therefore a pain to find lenses for. But, then, when I go shopping for lenses, I find them to be rather expensive and I wouldn't be able to merit the cost anyway, so what's the loss, right? Outside of the terror of selecting a camera from the sea of options available to you, my only real advice is BUY A TRIPOD. Buy it. They are cheapish. They fold up. I use mine all the time. I don't know where I'd be without it. 
Add Thank You Reply
Have you checked for mount adapters - which adapt a camera for lenses of a different manufacture - might even work with older lenses.

The lens is more important than the camera.
Add Thank You Reply
Shot out the back door of an apartment in Western NY of all places.
One of my favorites.
Macro shots are great.

Fujifilm 2500 SD (discontinued model).
Add Thank You Reply
I have, Seraphim. But the cost keeps going up and anyway, I like my lens fine enough. I think the hardest part is learning what it can and can't do.

Add Thank You Reply
Olympus lenses probably softer than Canon and Nikon; the real limiter being the maximum aperture size (3.8 / 4.5?).  Other than that, no greater limitations than other lenses of similar design.

Like the cactus shot. Good composition.
Add Thank You Reply