Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Girls Room is for Women Only
I am very new here Bob but your kind and caring thoughts for all have already become obvious to me.

Perhaps the men would like a 'Mens Shed' thread?  (Mens Shed is a Mens self help organisation in Aus.)

annie
Add Thank You Reply
Men's Shed has saved the lives of many men, and the sanity of countless more.   One of the best semi-government initiatives ever implemanted.

Lifey
Add Thank You Reply
Quote:Are Hermaphrodites (like a circus freak-of-nature) allowed on this part of the forum? You know, like, a half man/half woman?

Comments like this are not welcome on Katie's and my forum. Repeated posts like this on the forum will make the poster not welcome. 

Our primary goal here is to serve. Part of serving is creating a family-like community or a tribe. Part of family is fun and humor which I am going to assume xj700 was going for. But this kind of humor is not acceptable because it does much more harm than it is funny. 

In our opinion, this kind of humor veers too close to mean-spirited to be acceptable. I know in some families harsh humor is the norm. This is NOT one of those families.

Yes, this is censorship. There is now, and there always will be censorship on this forum and it is not open to debate. It is strictly a take it or leave it proposition.
Bob
Add Thank You Reply
The following 10 users say Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
heron (10-26-2017), Ms Linda (05-05-2017), iloozyun (04-02-2017), Adori965 (03-11-2017), VanGrrl57 (03-11-2017), Karla (03-10-2017), Gypsy Jane (01-07-2017), Kathleen (12-09-2016), ccbreder (05-24-2016), lambchopxoxo (05-24-2016)
Bob: your comments and wisdom and caring love brought tears to my eyes. I know this is an old topic but as I am fairly new I am trying to read up on all the wisdom that has been shared here on this forum. You and katie and many many others are models to me. I do want you all to know that I have been not been sleeping much lately as I have been staying up way too late trying to read everything. Lol. Nora
Add Thank You Reply
Hi! I'm new and I'm lurking but your post made me cry so I wanted to comment. You just don't see that kind of love and protection in the world today. I can't put into words what I'm feeling. All I can say is thank you but just know it doesn't come close to what you just gave me.

Hugs.
Add Thank You Reply
Welcome to the forum, Cerenatee. You'll find a lot of support here. Don't be shy. 
Gail
Add Thank You Reply
Thank you for this Bob. Ive been watching your YT vids for awhile now like most of us here and could see from those that you're a compassionate inclusive person and as others have commented elsewhere, it shows that you have a kind heart.

Thanks for making this "space" for us women. As a woman that wants to live solo in a van I have some of the concerns that you elude to, and its nice to know that I not only have a safe place here on these boards, but that I will have a safe place when I finally venture out if I want or need it. Thank you again. <3
Not the "community" for me.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to lambchopxoxo for this post:
southern.nomad (08-03-2016)
And, please know, even if someone has a traditionally male name, it could be a woman. I didn't know my proper name until I started school, so I won't change it after 57 years. PM someone to verify gender if you are unsure. I've been questioned about my gender on several boards, not just this one.
Ted
Add Thank You Reply
(01-17-2013, 08:56 AM)akrvbob Wrote:
Comments like this are not welcome on Katie's and my forum. Repeated posts like this on the forum will make the poster not welcome. 

Our primary goal here is to serve. Part of serving is creating a family-like community or a tribe. Part of family is fun and humor which I am going to assume xj700 was going for. But this kind of humor is not acceptable because it does much more harm than it is funny. 

In our opinion, this kind of humor veers too close to mean-spirited to be acceptable. I know in some families harsh humor is the norm. This is NOT one of those families.

Yes, this is censorship. There is now, and there always will be censorship on this forum and it is not open to debate. It is strictly a take it or leave it proposition.
Bob
Thank you, Bob!  I appreciate your response. In my humble opinion, the comment was totally mean spirited, and not the least bit humorous. This person completely showed their ignorance, concerning the LGBTQI community!
Add Thank You Reply
Thanks Bob for being the wise gentleman that you are. Being a rather take no crap kinda gal that I am, I was amazed to discover years ago that smart supposedly secure women who had plenty to say and laughs to share became mute hand maids when their partner or men in general were added to the mix. When I changed the work camp outs to women only, these gals blossomed. There's plenty of room in this ole world for us all to find their nitch, guys to be guys, women to feel safe and free and then when we all mix I together how happy we are. Happy trails to all!
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GIRLS' ROOM!!! What clothing do you own? pippylongstocking 120 11,488 11-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ClassyGlobal
  GIRLS' ROOM: What do you do for an address ? WeNeedaChange 4 626 11-20-2017, 06:41 AM
Last Post: ClassyGlobal
  GIRLS' ROOM!!! 3 Women Vandwellers Talk About Safety While Living in an RV/Van cyndi 7 2,446 07-28-2017, 11:32 AM
Last Post: TrainChaser