Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorized bike, anyone have one?
my new/older bike ....

looking for closed trailer and old pickup now ....

thinking of selling my van/if anyone is interested ....

blkjak ....

[Image: 405810124.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
After losing my motorized bike to thieves, I was looking for a motorcycle with an eye for just any old good bike for transportation but I found a Sportster for just s few hundred more than a good scooter so I now have a Harley. I layed it down turning around in the yard on grass and found it is very heavy to pick it up. No damage to the bike, just my back. I love my Sportster but am trying to decide weather I should keep it or get something lighter and easier to handle. I just have a hard time getting my head around giving up a Harley for a scooter.
Add Thank You Reply
keep the sportster you will learn to ride her ....

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/modules/Jig/index.php

i originally wanted a street legal dirt bike but seat heights were too high for me ....

my choice was a yamaha tw200/nice bike ....

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/moto...64407.html

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/moto...32064.html

blkjak ....
Add Thank You Reply
blkjak Wrote:my new/older bike ....

looking for closed trailer and old pickup now ....

thinking of selling my van/if anyone is interested ....

blkjak ....

A full size van can tow a trailer as well as a pickup. Why not keep the van and just get a trailer?
Add Thank You Reply
 I've looked at hub motor kits and.. have choked at the prices. Close to a grand for the kit and battery, where I can pick up a '50cc' Chinagirl 2 cycle (complete kit) for $175. I got a 4 cycle kit sitting at my parents place that I'm thinking of sticking on my MTB when I get beck around there. Even a Huasheng (as good as a Honda, I hear) 4 cycle kit, and avoid the 'Hoot' gearbox, is only gonna set ya back $300-400. ..Willy.
Add Thank You Reply
Cubey Wrote:A full size van can tow a trailer as well as a pickup. Why not keep the van and just get a trailer?

was always into old pick ups ....

travel is out of the question with my budget, age, and health ....

could retain a cash emergency fund if van is sold ....

blkjak ....
Add Thank You Reply
After owning a 50cc Tomos moped for about a year, I decided to upgrade to an 80cc Honda Elite scooter.  I got tired of having to hang out on the shoulder and feeling like every passing car was about to run me over.  I scored the Elite, not running, for $250 off Craigslist.  Spent $200 getting her running, about $50 on miscellaneous parts (mirrors, cover, etc.), and $75 getting it registered.  Couldn't be happier!
Add Thank You Reply
50ccs are nice for urban use since you can usually get around on side streets 95% of the time. Even in a 40mph zone, you can do 30 and be ok, especially if it's 2 lanes in the same direction you are going since cars can pass you.

But if I had to register and insurance a 50cc, I wouldn't bother. I'd go for an 80 at minimum.
Add Thank You Reply
Cubey Wrote:But if I had to register and insurance a 50cc, I wouldn't bother. I'd go for an 80 at minimum.
My thoughts exactly, except I'll likely go for at least a 125. I'm not a small person (5'10" and not in danger of starving if I miss a meal or three), so I'll take pity on the poor 50-80CCs and get something with a bit more 'oomph' if I go the scooter route. Of course, going the bike route might just help reduce the load over time, as I would HAVE to pedal one of those things!
'It's not that I condone facism, or any ism for that matter. Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself.'
-Ferris Bueller
Add Thank You Reply
Honda only began making new mid range scooters again a few years ago. Before that, it was 80cc and then jumped to 244cc (Helix) / 240cc (Reflex). They came out with the sh150i in 2010 but stopped it fast it seems. Now they offer the PCX150. It boggles my mind they never brought back the Big Ruckus (250cc) with as popular as it is on the used market. And since then, Honda has done away with 250cc scooters entirely which seems really stupid. So now it jumps from 150cc to 582cc of the Honda Silvering.

Yamaha made the Vino 125 for a few years.... and still makes the Zuma 125 new in 2013. It looks like a scaled down version of the Honda Big Ruckus somewhat. It looks more rugged off road in style (but has street tires). The Vino looks more classic Italian (Vespa) in styling. They also offer the Majesty with is 400cc. They also made a 650cc version for a while to compete with the Honda Silverwing.
Add Thank You Reply