Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinnacle Tents (pop-up tent) - opinions?
I found this one on Amazon I'm thinking about getting it.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E4E...PDKIKX0DER From the reviews it holds up well in the wind and the poles seem to lock in place so they won't fold down in the wind. It is a six person tent but I'm starting to realize when it says 6 you need to subtract 2 to be realistic. 
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
That Coleman tent looks interesting. I also found the smaller version for a 4 person tent, per link below.  After reading some reviews, it appears many users are reporting that the Coleman tent is a lie regarding its waterproof properties.  It also appears Coleman sells a separate rainfly for the 4 person tent, and I am inclined to believe a rainfly is needed to really keep out the rain.  However, that said, I won't be doing any tent camping in rainy weather, period. Only fair weather tent camping for me! The same reviews also say the tent is in fact easy to set up, so that sounds hopeful to me.  I'm still looking for an easy to setup/tear-down tent.

See links here.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GJ8NX0

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000010387...roduct_top
Add Thank You Reply
I like the 6 person tent because I can stand up in it, the 4 person tent I would be bent over and not sure my back would be able to take that any more. I also like that it has large screen windows on all 4 sides, kind of like a screen shade canopy when all of them are open. I don't worry too much about the reviews on rain leaking in, most tent will have some leakage. And this can also be that the guy ropes were not staked out and/or the roof vents were not open to help with condensation. One review I read on this tent said that the roof vents have a zipper to open and close them and a support brace that has to be in place for them to stay open.
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
True, standing up is always a good thing!  But I'm also concerned that the larger 6 person tent comes in an even larger container box.  I'm already strapped for additional room for my van.  I'm even having a hard time trying to figure out where I would store the 4 person tent, let alone the 6 person tent.  I watched a couple YouTube videos on the 4 person tent, and the boxed container looks rather sizeable. The 6 person tent appears to be about 10" taller than the 4 person tent, so that means I would be able to stand upright at my height of nearly 5'10". Hmmmmm. Choices......
Add Thank You Reply
interesting thread.

look forward to learning more. ive spent plenty of time in tents but never owned one myself.

i like room. otherwise i feel like a burrito. space may fly in the face of ease and speed of setup in genreal correct?
Add Thank You Reply
My current dome tent is on the large size when packed up, but it is nice to have a little more room when in one location for a while. The Coleman 6 person tent is not much bigger than my dome tent, I can put a cot a chair and small table in it. Although this tent is smaller and easier to pack than another tent I would like to have:  http://www.shelter-systems.com/solor-dome.html  I like the 18 foot dome.
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
That YurtDome tent link looks rather slick. But the website says it takes about 30 minutes to set up the tent. I'm looking for something that takes 3 seconds, haha!
Add Thank You Reply
That's one of the reasons I haven't bought one yet! If I were going to be in one spot for a few months at a time or more then it wouldn't be a bad deal. I did order the Coleman tent, have to replace the old one its getting raged. And hate to deal with the poles getting hung in the tent when feeding them through the sleeves, I don't know about 30 minutes for the yurt dome it seems it takes me that long to put up my little dome tent so I think a big yurt dome might be an hour.
Peace

Add Thank You Reply
So you ordered one of those Coleman instant tents? Which one, the 4, 6, 8 person tent?  Please update again when you receive the tent.  I'd like to know your impression.  If you can also take measurements of the tent when folded down in its box container, that would be great.
Add Thank You Reply
The 6 person instant tent is what I ordered. I can get the measurements when it comes in that will be a week or more I opted for the free shipping offer. 
Peace

Add Thank You Reply