Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching New Topics Vs Forum links
Howdy folks;
I know a lot of you are new to forums and such so here is a quick primer!

There are two different ways to search for new topics and things of interest.

1st there is the Forum links
see ... http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/ 
this is how a lot of people look at the forum. First they bookmark the forum and then go to the forum homepage, then list by list in their interest areas

2nd is the New Posts Tab
this is how people that have been here for a few weeks traverse the site first, then go to the home page for their sections of interest 

so the issue is the Girls Room
since it is not a place that is exclusive or being nominated or signing up, it is open to be searched by the New Posts tab and search criteria as such it is very easy not to see the string and just post helpful things in there by us MEN !

so a quick look at the top link 
e.g. http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/post...-B-6459847
You will notice the notice nothing different in the link
it is only under the tabs section will there be a notice as to what section the post is under! 

NOW.. look at the row just under the Tabs, you will find
cheaprvliving > Forums > The Girls Room > My Plans Have Been Squashed! Time for Plan B

See the difference, after the Forums > The Girls Room

This section is for members of the Female Gender, so Fellers, best to stay looking at the link I am showing you for all future searching and posting.

This is just a heads up as I think the new forum will have a Female section that is a Gender based entry and should be an admittance on request by one of the Mods or Admin people. (I think, it is in my forum! ) 

Official notice on the link to the Girls Room by an Admin Person
The Girls Room 
You asked for it, you got it: leave the boys at the door :-)

Thanks for reading, happy info gathering, happy info sharing and I hope this helps everyone out.

Now, to lighten the MOOD, I just noticed something as the spell checker is pointing it out to me just now!
it is not cheap-er living (cheaper), like I always thought it was.. IT IS cheap RV living forum
well shucks, I just did not know that until now! he he.. on me or ... duh.. why didn't I notice that before? 

so here is too learning something new, everyday -
cheers ~wild_E 
p.s. that link was used as it is the one in the search right now
So, I hope it helps people who are new here how to conduct a search and how others do searches for information.
Add Thank You Reply
I mentioned being fooled by the new post tab and the girls room before, only thing you can do is just try to double check the forum you're picking.
Add Thank You Reply
I like the idea of a "girls room" and being a boy will respect the girls talking girl talk and having said that do not see a need in a "boys room" seems we have too many already. I will not be nosing in any time soon (but I must confess a certain amount of curiosity) A female trait that I am not embarrassed to admit to. Have at it ladies.
Add Thank You Reply