Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coping with a spouse's mid life crisis
That can be my new forum title name "Head In The Gutter Kahuna". Tongue

Hopefully your name was on their beneficiary form(s) before they croaked, haha! Big Grin
Trying to live a simpler life one day at a time...
Add Thank You Reply
Casey, I threaten Margie with trading her in for 2 younger ones and she's 11 years my junior Big Grin
----------------------------------
Jay and Margie. 92 Dodge Maxi van. 300 watts Renogy solar, 2X 6volt deep cycle @ 230Ah.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey
Add Thank You Reply
That reminds me of the joke. Whaddya do when your wife (spouse) turns 40?

Take her to the bank to trade her in for 2 20s. Tongue
Trying to live a simpler life one day at a time...
Add Thank You Reply
I could make a mathematical observation about how 20 goes into 40 a lot better than 40 goes into 20, but that wouldn't be modlike. Angel

Back on topic, folks Cool
'It's not that I condone facism, or any ism for that matter. Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself.'
-Ferris Bueller
Add Thank You Reply
Oh well.

Worse than figuring out how to get a corkscrew out of a heart is how you allowed it to get in there in the first place.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to AltTransBikes for this post:
Capricci (12-17-2017)
Wish I had some words of wisdom for you, ATB.
Afraid the best I can do is say you're not alone, many of us have been there and we're here for you.
'It's not that I condone facism, or any ism for that matter. Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself.'
-Ferris Bueller
Add Thank You Reply
58 year woman going through it. I know it tough.
Add Thank You Reply
Alt, this is about you and someone you have cared about for a long time. The people who respond and want to make this about them and how cute they are will do you no good. In fact, it may make things worse. I would encourage you to find someone you can speak to in person, either over the phone or face to face. Sometimes it is easier to talk to someone you don't know than to folks you do. There are good, decent people here who would, without question, give you an ear. I bet if you were open to that they would PM you and offer a shoulder. Take care, Michael
East of the moon  West of the sun
Add Thank You Reply
This is the first time I have read the whole thread and it seems as though most of you have possibly hung out together camping or whatever. I only have a general idea of whats going on. All I will say is you have some very good friends in here with very good advice. During my marriage I have often times found that I was a lot of the problem. Im too mechanical, too driven and want to fix it fix it fix it. Whats the problem? Bam lets fix it and move on. My wife on the other hand probably like many other women is not like that at all. She wants a slower closer relationship. Don't know if I described that right.
I don't want to be gross or lewd but I will give you a short example of how I learned something pertaining to a woman's period. Many guys grow up in an environment that basically thinks of women during this time of the month as just being a bitch or a pain in the ass. Unbelievable number of times that I have heard "Oh the bitch is on the rag". I never treated my wife bad over it but I started to notice that we had most arguments during this time. Well.....my dumb ass finally thought about it and started giving her the consideration and extra help that she might like at a time when shes feeling so bad. I mean we guys enjoy the good physical aspects of our women so we should fully participate in and be as kind as possible as she gets through her physical torture.

I'm not saying anything is your fault or that my story is her issue. I just use my story as something I learned that may in some way help you. Consider everything your friends have offered, look at yourself, are you being to rigid, too guy ish, and dig real deep to connect with her and fix your problems. I always tell people it aint worth all the trouble and fussing, lets be happy and enjoy, we're going to be dead before long. I truly hope everything works out for you.
The following 1 user says Thank You to Donedirtcheap for this post:
AnnaP (12-06-2017)
If you start with the primis all women are nuts, its easier
Add Thank You Reply