Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Book is Now Available in Paperback!
Loved your book so much I read it one sitting. It's one of the keys that turned on my living in a van lifestyle.
My youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTgC2to...7jVUaY9mzg
Featuring various aspects of living in a van.
Add Thank You Reply
Glad I could help One Awesome Inch!
Bob
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
(12-12-2015, 10:49 AM)Belinda2 Wrote: Great book, Bob!
Thank you so much for all your time in writing it.
Belinda2

It really was my pleasure Belinda.
Bob
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
I bought a copy about a month ago. I have to admit that I saw it a few times on Amazon but I'm always saying "Everyone has a book." and I bought some really worthless books and most had good reviews. I usually only invest in reference type books and this book is one. It isn't all flowery, wandering on talking about how blue the sky is, the trick the dog just did, etc. but straight to the point and can be applied to a variety of situations while most RV lifestyle books address one small segment of the population, retired with money to spare. There is information that you could use in your life even if you don't decide to adapt to the lifestyle. Good reading and reference. I gave it 5 stars!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Snow Gypsy for this post:
cherterr (05-18-2016)
(01-30-2014, 12:03 AM)akrvbob I had watched the video awhile back..then found your website & videos..took me a bit to realize that was you..lol. Great video by the way..loved it Bob ! Wrote: I'm pleased to announce my book is finally available in paperback format. You may know up till now it has been only been available for the Amazon Kindle for $2.99 (free if you have Prime). The name of the book is:

How to Live In a Car, Van, or RV: And Get Out of Debt, Travel, and Find True Freedom

But I've had many requests for a physical book so I finally got it published in paperback. It costs $6.71 which is as low as I could make it. The publisher sets a minimum price it can sell for. Here is a link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Live-Car-Van-R...479215899/

I hope you enjoy it! If you do, I hope you will write a review of it, since it is a new paperback it doesn't currently have any reviews so I would appreciate if you could give it some.

You may notice it has a different cover from the Kindle book. They are exactly the same inside but the photo for the Kindle book was too low-res for a physical book so I had to take another shot and make a new cover.

My sincere thanks to all of you who bought the Kindle version and wrote the great reviews of it!! I truly appreciate it.
Bob
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to NW Van Man for this post:
Coffee Tim (03-24-2016)
(01-30-2014, 12:20 AM)Patrick46 Wrote: I'd like one, as I don't have a Kindle, so I couldn't read the first one, and b'sides...I'd rather have a physical book anyway.

I often prefer physical books too because they are easier to jot notes in the margin and underline.

But an actual kindle is not needed to read kindle books. The books can be read on any computing device (laptop, desktop, cell phone, netbook, tablet, etc) by downloading the kindle app for your device. It is also accessible via their kindle cloud reader website, https://read.amazon.com.

You can always test how it looks on your device by requesting a sample (usually the first chapter of a book) before you buy.

I've been intending to get Bob's book for awhile ... I suppose there is no time like the present  :-)
Add Thank You Reply
I just picked up two of them. One for me. One as a gift.
I clicked the amazon link from the home page . Hope it works out for you.
They should be here in a coupla days.
Peace, Regis
98 E150
85 Vanagon
Add Thank You Reply
I just received notice from my local Public Library via email today that they are going to buy the copy I requested.   They stated it will be cataloged in the 910's  History & Geography in a Travel section   I had suggested Sociology & Anthropology when I submitted the request but the catalogers thought it would get better circulation statistics in the 900's.

I'm afraid that if it were cataloged under "Camping",  that it may go missing all to quickly.   I want it to circulate
and make an argument for buying more copies for the Branches throughout the County.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to eDJ_ for this post:
jonthebru (01-28-2016)
The book came today. I'll be reading on the commuter train tomorrow.
Peace, Regis
98 E150
85 Vanagon
Add Thank You Reply
Bob, I have the Kindle version and my first thought on reading it was "I want to give this book to every kid coming out of high school."  Whether by chance or by choice, people ought to have the knowledge to cope with living outside the sticks-and-bricks norm.
Now I'm in the middle of "Walden on Wheels" by Ken Ilgunas and I'm thinking both books should be required reading.
I know what my kids are getting for Christmas Smile
Add Thank You Reply