Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mens room
I see nothing wrong with using supplements, herbs and such, but nothing takes the place of having that prostate checked by the doc.

So, when I went into the V.A. to have mine checked I got a young, cute doc with beautiful olive skin...ok, I'm an old goat who looks at all the girls. Anyhoo, a month after the TURP, I had a check up (by now we were on friendly terms, to say the least, LOL), so I drop my britches as she snaps on the glove. It was all over quickly, so I asked her if it was good for her...to which she grinned slyly and said, "Just as always and we have a date in a month". Cute and good sense of humor...my kind of doc.

Most guys...I say "most"...don't want a finger shoved up their butt, tho it is quick and easy. They do use lube tho Confused

Just go have it checked and be sure.
----------------------------------
Jay and Margie. 92 Dodge Maxi van. 300 watts Renogy solar, 2X 6volt deep cycle @ 230Ah.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey
Add Thank You Reply
Jay,

You remind me of the song by Rod Steward, "some guys got all the luck" Big Grin Hope you're well bud!

Casey

(02-10-2014, 01:09 PM)bindi&us Wrote: I see nothing wrong with using supplements, herbs and such, but nothing takes the place of having that prostate checked by the doc.

So, when I went into the V.A. to have mine checked I got a young, cute doc with beautiful olive skin...ok, I'm an old goat who looks at all the girls. Anyhoo, a month after the TURP, I had a check up (by now we were on friendly terms, to say the least, LOL), so I drop my britches as she snaps on the glove. It was all over quickly, so I asked her if it was good for her...to which she grinned slyly and said, "Just as always and we have a date in a month". Cute and good sense of humor...my kind of doc.

Most guys...I say "most"...don't want a finger shoved up their butt, tho it is quick and easy. They do use lube tho Confused

Just go have it checked and be sure.
Trying to live a simpler life one day at a time...
Add Thank You Reply
Doin good here...too damn windy today...dust, dust Confused
Think I"ll lay in and read so I can save my lungs for a better day, LOL.
----------------------------------
Jay and Margie. 92 Dodge Maxi van. 300 watts Renogy solar, 2X 6volt deep cycle @ 230Ah.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey
Add Thank You Reply
I swear this story is true. I was working in Boise Idaho. The men's room had 2 urinals. One urinal was stopped up, and smelled bad from the pee not being flushed. I went to the other one and started doing my business. My boss came in, walked up to the other urinal next to me, and said "this thing stinks". I couldn't help myself, I said "maybe you should see a doctor".
Add Thank You Reply
GOOD ONE!!! Made me laugh.
Add Thank You Reply
(02-09-2014, 11:04 AM)Simran Wrote: I can't emphasize enough the importance of a semi regular routine of yoga as well. Yoga strengthens the internal muscles of your abdomen thereby holding your man parts in the proper place. All of your organs really. Everyone thinks yoga is for women. That is a western myth. If it weren't for the East Indian holy men (yogi's) we wouldn't have yoga. Yoga was originally created by men.

Yoga is awesome. Don't let anyone tell you different. If you're doing it right, it also helps cleanse everything in your body which needs cleansing. Not too many western exercises focus on the endocrine system health -- yoga does.

Stretching, strengthening, meditative, cleansing -- it's like a multitasking exercise wet dream.

(Pig man bonus) And you're usually in a room with fit women wearing athletic gear doing stretching exercises.

If you work out regularly, sun salutations is an excellent stretching and warmup routine.

Back issues? Yoga is an excellent pro-active way to deal with them. Something you can do on your own rather than relying on a doctor, DO, or Chiropractor.

Plenty of instructive videos online; usually there is yoga going on wherever you end up and it's not a bad idea to check in every now and then with a legit, live instructor to make sure you're doing things right.

And checkups/physicals. Do them. I know in the USA, it's not the easiest thing in the world. Heck, I just called up my old medical practice of record only to find out they moved, changed names, and my primary care physician had retired. They scheduled me for two months out. Which might not work for travelers, but make the effort. Last time I was in was 8 years ago, which means I'm 3 years overdue. Nothing really prompted it, but I want to get some full bloodwork done to see where I'm at and a couple of maintenance things checked out.

Too often, men tend to stay quiet and make due -- problems get way too far out of hand before we bother with medical help, and there's way too many times a problem which could have been nipped in the bud ends up terminal.

If you're outdoors a lot, cover up and use sunscreen...
Add Thank You Reply
I can vouch for Yoga. Lots of men in particular dislike doing them because they feel "feminine" when doing it, as if they're spreading parts they don't need to spread. Don't let it fool you; the human body was meant to move, not to sit around or just do basic workouts. Yoga helps with literally everything, including a focused mind.

It's not just for stretching, either--it's there to make internal peace with your organs as well. It helps cleanse your bowels (especially when you're constipated), it helps steady the rhythm of your heartbeat, which helps prevent heart disease; it also trains your body to tell you when something is wrong, and that you should do something about it. I practice it with my lady friend and enjoy it immensely. Sure it takes time to do it right, and you have to work up to get the good stretches--but it's worth it! Consider it a life insurance policy. Wink
Add Thank You Reply
Awesome! Found another thread that needed resurrecting.......... (actually i've found others but haven't gotten around to bringing them back to life yet, haha)

I've wondered why there is no forum entitled 'Men's Room' as there is a 'Girl's Room' on this site. Evidently at least someone began a thread on the issue but there still should be a Men's Room Forum; can't help but see it as typical prejudicial one diMENsional gender bias........

As I see it............INTJohn

Mod note: removed offensive material
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to INTJohn for this post:
ArtW (03-06-2017), gsfish (03-05-2017)
Mod note: removed offensive material

My thanks to the Moderator that removed the Offensive material in this post.  It did come thru in my phone email notification and only served to make men look like pigs.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Coffee Tim for this post:
INTJohn (03-06-2017)
Hey thnx INTJohn! No idea wit you wrote as I read this after the fact, but Yoga??? Srsly? OK, I'm game. Yoga is now on the list! As to prostate exams, I'm only 47, I have 3 years(supposedly) left before I have to deal with that. Saying that, hearing other guys talking about the importance of it kinda hits home. If that makes sense. Good revive!
96 Dodge Ram Van 3500 360 5.9L
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Wabbit for this post:
INTJohn (03-06-2017)