Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mens room
I got up to pee once last night. I peed twice, but only got up once.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Zil for this post:
Reno (02-05-2016)
OK so men's issues = balls and a-holes?
Add Thank You Reply
A couple inches from the scrotebag is the often overlooked prostate. Now, there's a man's issue of a serious nature if there ever was one.

I went for a long time having to get up multiple times a night to pee. As time went on I got to the point where my bladder wasn't emptying as it should, so it distended which forces leakage. My prostate was badly swollen and not only was it restricting, but also helping to cause that "gotta go" feeling.

So, after close to 2 months of reducing the bladder thru catheter therapy, they (the V.A.) did a procedure called a TURP (look it up). I've been fine for the last 3 1/2 yrs and I now take an inexpensive prostate supplement.

There are a couple long term effects and if this subject interests you guys I'll talk more about it.

I do highly recommend having your prostate checked, especially if you're over 40.

(02-09-2014, 09:58 AM)Zil Wrote: I got up to pee once last night. I peed twice, but only got up once.

Guess who's going to be washing sheets today Confused
----------------------------------
Jay and Margie. 92 Dodge Maxi van. 300 watts Renogy solar, 2X 6volt deep cycle @ 230Ah.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey
Add Thank You Reply
I thought that at first too Casey, but came to realize it wouldn't be a bad thing to have. Well, I also figured the soggy boy parts would be a good starting point since it's something that happens to only us. We can work our way in either direction from there.

Some of us are getting older, while some already are. I think there's plenty to benefit in having a place to discuss (at the very least) men related medical issues.

Bindi&us demonstrated this a sec ago with his post. Once we get past joking about it the more serious stuff does start to come out.
Add Thank You Reply
I heard about the Ginseng, but how about saw palmetto? Anybody got experience using that?
Add Thank You Reply
I've been using the ginseng thing for over 10 years and doing yoga since 08. It is a rare thing for me to wake up in the night needing to head for the . .. .head! I suppose catching it in time might be key but I will as suffering pretty good back then. Enough for it to be embarrassing. Not anymore. For the record; I'm 57 in a couple months.
Gus
Take a look at my Bus conversion thread!
"Beyond the idea of right & wrong there is a field; I will meet you there."
Rumi
Add Thank You Reply
I am 47 myself and just starting to have to go in the middle of the night. I have recently started Ginseng and am considering adding Saw Palmetto.
Add Thank You Reply
I was about your age when I started having problems. The ginseng I use is Panax. It works. In fact it worked so well that I don't even keep it with me anymore. I go home about once a month and take it then . . .sometimes not. I am convinced this stuff is a REAL solution; not just a band-aid.
I can't emphasize enough the importance of a semi regular routine of yoga as well. Yoga strengthens the internal muscles of your abdomen thereby holding your man parts in the proper place. All of your organs really. Everyone thinks yoga is for women. That is a western myth. If it weren't for the East Indian holy men (yogi's) we wouldn't have yoga. Yoga was originally created by men.

Here is a link to the very product I keep at home. It is a liquid. I think it works better than a tea or pills. Your body absorbs it more readily. I put one whole bottle in a cup of green tea. The bottles are extremely small one dose bottles.

http://www.amazon.com/PANAX-GINSENG-EXTR...ax+ginsing

(02-09-2014, 10:36 AM)Darth_Muerte Wrote: I am 47 myself and just starting to have to go in the middle of the night. I have recently started Ginseng and am considering adding Saw Palmetto.
Gus
Take a look at my Bus conversion thread!
"Beyond the idea of right & wrong there is a field; I will meet you there."
Rumi
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Simran for this post:
deserttrails (04-04-2017)
I'm the same age as Darth, but have not yet encountered this. I'll admit I know nothing about it other than the examination associated with it is really unpleasant. I'm actually reading up on it now.
Add Thank You Reply
Ok, how do you recommend a total newb learn yoga while on the road?
Add Thank You Reply