Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My ambo...
Wow, Baloo! That is one beautiful rig!

You mentioned needing a place to store your bike. If you mount an RV type ladder for access to your roof, there is a bike rack I've seen that mounts to the ladder. Just an idea. Another possibility is a receiver hitch bike rack. You've probably already considered this one, though. Regardless, I'm sure you'll come up with an awesome solution. Thanks for sharing your build with us!

Lugh
Add Thank You Reply
On the RV we had a receiver hitch bike rack that held 3-4 bikes. Our ladder lived there along with both bikes.
----------------------------------
Jay and Margie. 92 Dodge Maxi van. 300 watts Renogy solar, 2X 6volt deep cycle @ 230Ah.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey
Add Thank You Reply
Cool ride. I am thinking about this. What is the gas mileage and out repair parts hard to get? I am a newbe.
Be safe
Add Thank You Reply
Welcome speed Smile

Parts aren't usually a problem as long as its built on an American frame, like Chevy, Dodge, or Ford.
Fuel can be an issue with something that heavy. You can most likely count on 10 MPG on a good day of flatland driving, especially if its a gasser.
Ambos are cool, but I need better fuel economy and a maxi van gives me that.

How about popping over the the Newcomers thread and tell us about yourself.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Foru...r-s-Corner

`
----------------------------------
Jay and Margie. 92 Dodge Maxi van. 300 watts Renogy solar, 2X 6volt deep cycle @ 230Ah.

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. ~Edward Abbey
Add Thank You Reply
A huge part of my truck selection was parts cost and availability, as well as road side repair with normal tools. I did buy a few special tools and the shop manuals. Heck I even bought tire bars to change the tires myself. 10 mpg is normal for a 17k pounder. Commercial trucks are easy to work on, everything is just bigger! Right now I am working out the details for a new bed/seat in the box.
1994 International Road Rescue Ambulance, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Add Thank You Reply
That is pretty slick Balloo.
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
Slow, but some progress, got the hood straps replaced (good bye ratchet strap) and the headlight bezels installed, ready for some sanding and paint. I will more than likely use white since it will just look like a service truck when it is done.
[Image: qybu4yju.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
Can't wait to see it on there!
Bob
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
Wow, that's taking it to another level for sure, can't wait to see the final results Baloo (nothing like the simple bear necessities eh, lol). Nice wiring job, that's where I fall pretty flat xp-wise, I'd sure like to see a schematic of that or maybe a link if you don't have the time (but no hurry, I'm a long way from getting to that point yet) ;?D
Add Thank You Reply
Thanks mate, on military training, ready to get back to my project! I can get you a schematic if you like, right now I am working out the fuel system schematic for running waste veggie oil in one of the two fuel tanks
Add Thank You Reply