Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adult RUNAWAYS?
(07-20-2014, 09:10 AM)HarmonicaBruce Wrote: Just keep in mind that as you go down the road the "man" can pull you over, impound your vehicle/home, and good luck to you getting anything back. You don't have to do anything wrong, except be in the wrong place (i.e. America). For example, the bankrupt city of Detroit finances the police department by impounding vehicles. They need zero probable cause, it's very well documented. http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20091.../911130372
This story is old, but nothing has changed.

Guilty because she made "eye contact"with other motorists? We are in deep trouble.
The conflict of interest is sickening and who is the most vulnerable, not the guy from the burbs but the people like the old guy in the story who is just trying to survive. They own the system so what happens when their pay check, medical, vacation, and retirement are on the line?

They go after more money from the peasants who cant defend themselves. Corporations own the government, corps send jobs out with gov approval, tax revenue falls from low wages and it has to come from somewhere. Cops dont want to be laid off. There will be no crash as they are doing fine at gutting our country through inflation and corporate control.

(07-20-2014, 12:00 PM)caseyc Wrote: Thanks, I will add all those locations for places I will never drive through. Dang, that's just freakin' nuts. Also nutty is driving around with so much cash on hand.

Only problem is......what happens when we can't stay out of places like that. What happens when there is nowhere else. Its not a matter of how much money a person has on them, its a matter of our rights and how they are being taken away. I'm not guilty of anything when I drove from Hamtramck to taylor Mi to buy a motorcycle with $4,000 on me. Why should I be at risk of losing it to gangsters who are no different then the gangsters and criminals our tax money is paying to protect us from. Again, we are in deep trouble. The beast will consume all.
(06-12-2014, 06:13 AM)offroad Wrote: So are we all just fantasizing about running away from the rat race, when we think of changing lifestyle from 8 to 5 job, to a car-van-RV existence ?  Some can just convert to simple living in a tiny house. Is this a long term sustainable lifestyle?

I ran toward creating my life as I want it, rather than away from anything...sustainable? - far more than the stick and brick life!...that was sucking me dry ...in more ways than financially....
Safety is an illusion....
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Roadtramp for this post:
Preach (09-25-2017), wayne49 (11-18-2015)
I think it's best to find your own niche.Everybody has different likes/dislikes.There is an old story that you can't have it both ways,but right now it is working for me.A few weeks on the farm,then a few weeks on the road.My expenses on the road are much more than my expenses at home,so sometimes I just come home to replenish my money.Have to admit,I also like the 670 sq.ft of living space and woods to roam in.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Bob Dickerson for this post:
rondaj (11-19-2015)
“stick and brick life!...that was sucking me dry”

We must do whats socialy acceptable.
We must go with the grain.
“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both   And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could  To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,  And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;  Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay   In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,   I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh    Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,   And that has made all the difference.”

“A few weeks on the farm, then a few weeks on the road”
What kind of farm ? I adore farm life.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Silver for this post:
surfer (01-07-2016), Roadtramp (11-19-2015)
I remember looking at an old National Geographic Magazine at a used bookstore once.  It had Mark Twain's picture on the cover and I couldn't help look through it.   If ever there was an Adult Runaway,  Twain was
probably a Hero for them. 

I remember this one quote panel on one of the pages where Twain offered a sympathetic observation for
the Men of the post Civil War era and coming 20th Century.  He was saying something to the effect of

"Modern Men of the Industrial Revolution lack the ability to step back from their lives and pursue a new
perspective."  (again this isn't his exact quote but close to it)

Twain had done many things in his times.  But leaving the Civil War and his river boat captain life behind
to travel with his brother Orion to the Nevada territory, was the beginning of his career as a journalist. 
His brother would be the secretary of the Nevada territory and it would be Mark Twain's starting point
for travel, adventure, enlightenment, and writing.   He was a supporter and believer in technology and
could see it expanding a large frontier in his time.  If he were alive today he may be an avid supporter
of the Tiny Homes, and Mobile Society who is learning to shrink what has grown over expanded similarly.

The seniority system that is so prevalent in industry today tends to trap Men in jobs that they really don't care for.  It may offer a worker a little better standing when it comes to lay off's and his choices of better jobs,
but really doesn't contribute that much to his income.  Most people today find it a very fragile thing and often
destroyed when the company wants to close or move.  A lot of companies today have a clause which states
that if you are laid off for a given number of months, then you are automatically terminated.

If this happens to a worker, they may at first feel let down but they are actually free to pursue that new perspective. They can outfit a Van or whatever and travel to see if they could find a better life.  It is tempting to stay in the same place "where all the friends are",  but is that really gong to be productive for them ?
Add Thank You Reply
(06-12-2014, 06:13 AM)offroad Wrote: So are we all just fantasizing about running away from the rat race, when we think of changing lifestyle from 8 to 5 job, to a car-van-RV existence ?  Some can just convert to simple living in a tiny house. Is this a long term sustainable lifestyle?

We've been living in a 32 ft class A for 2 years, and I am NOT easy to live with in a small space where it is harder to keep everything tidy. Neither DH nor I are ready to even think about going back.
Add Thank You Reply
That is exactly what I have been calling my plan, I am running away from home. The hustle and bustle of corporate America just doesn't work for me anymore and I think there has to be more to life than this. I don't know if it will work for me but if I'm not happy with life running around like crazy working too hard and enjoying life so little then why not give it a try? It's different for everyone.
~ Cheli ~

Looking forward to becoming a nomad and living free.

www.runningawayfromhome.com
Add Thank You Reply
I am with you Cheli. I am running away from bs that has no meaning for me anymore. Too much stuff, not enough joy.
Full timing in Central Florida until spring when I plan to go national.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ramblingvanman for this post:
Raven+Squid (04-18-2016)
"Don't lie, cheat or steal. The government hates competition".
Add Thank You Reply
I have run away and I don't have to go back. The taste of freedom intoxicates me.
On the road, 80 percent boon docking since Feb of 2015.
I live in a very small camper, 2 furbabies an SUV and everything paid for. I didn't even keep a storage place like a lot of people do. I cut a lot of people out of my life. Finally decided I wouldn't let them have power over me anymore.
2016 blog:   http://chasingflowers.com
Greeting Cards I design:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChasingFlowersCards

"I was surprised mermaids were in fresh water too. I really must keep more open of a mind or I may someday lose track of reality. 

Diane
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to dragonflyinthesky for this post:
Cathead (12-25-2015), SaltySeaWitch (12-11-2015)