VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Not an RV, just food for thought...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this link that may interest people since we seem to be a minimalist bunch...

http://www.elkinsdiy.com/stationary-shel...y-shelter/
Coroplast shelter's are pretty cool, just being tall and frail, that would be a nightmare to live in, even in an emergency situations. Confused Bed is so low to the ground!
Very cool idea, simple and functional and most importantly VERY cheap. Love the didgeridoo music in the video too Cool It would be nice to see some urban areas with large homeless populations try these out, especially in areas where weather can be extreme. Thanks for posting that Andrew ;?D
This is pretty COOL. I can see putting an axle under it and using bicycle wheels so you tow it with a bicycle for those prefer bike camping.
(08-11-2014, 03:59 PM)Ballenxj Wrote: [ -> ]This is pretty COOL. I can see putting an axle under it and using bicycle wheels so you tow it with a bicycle for those prefer bike camping.
Yeah it is pretty cool, but I'm not sure what the outcome would be if you tried to pedal it in a strong wind... or even use it...
(08-11-2014, 04:12 PM)anm Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it is pretty cool, but I'm not sure what the outcome would be if you tried to pedal it in a strong wind... or even use it...

I think it could work if you fashioned quick release wheels, have external loops for tie downs, and keep about six or eight good tent stakes handy.
Leave it to Paul to come up with yet another neat, recycleable, cheap housing solution.
Yes, it is really a neat little solution, it's almost like camping in a stiff tent Rolleyes ...
I thinks its neat, but honestly, for less than 100 bucks homeless people can be given a tent that is easier/faster to put up, take down, and hide somewhere.

Maybe disaster relief where large amounts of people are given leave to do this more permanently, but for everyday homeless i don't think its viable.
(08-13-2014, 01:19 AM)DazarGaidin Wrote: [ -> ]I thinks its neat, but honestly, for less than 100 bucks homeless people can be given a tent that is easier/faster to put up, take down, and hide somewhere.

that's not what it's designed for
Pages: 1 2