VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a free campsite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The freecamppsites.net community provides the best free camping information available. We give you a simple, map based search engine to find free and cheap camping areas. Community reviews and ratings provide you with up to date information and help you select the best camp site for your next camping trip.

Freecampsites.net, owned and operated by Hitekhomeless, here on the forum
I'd urge people to contribute to this site for places that are appropriate for higher volume usage. Some places are better kept private or word of mouth, but this database is extremely important in making this whole rubber tramp thing work. And remember, always leave it cleaner than you found it!
Since this is in boondocking, may I suggest boondockerswelcome.com? It is $25/year or $60 for 3 years. Seems like it would pay off quickly and meet great people.
(03-22-2017, 04:59 AM)OutdoorFT Wrote: [ -> ]...and meet great people.

Which is the reclusive introvert's worse nightmare. Wink

"Oh crap, what if I meet these people and I don't like them and they won't stop being friendly???" Pure hell.
I would like to see Wisconsin and Lake superior. Does anybody have any recommendations in free camping or Boondocking in Wisconsin? Any favorites you can suggest? Any information would be helpful. Thank you

JenBa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just seen there’s Apps for Boondocking locations. Anyone recommend one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Freecampsites.net
If you dont mind contributing to the overcrowding of the free sites, share away

Just keep in mind that it only takes one bad apple (and that type is easy to come by) to cause that site to be shut down

Before you do share, talk to some locals in that area and get thier view on it. While we all have the right to be there, it effects those locals the most. I stopped sharing after a couple of these conversations. There are more than enough shared already IMO
Thanks for the tip.
Good to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No thumbs up button yet, come on, so I second what DLTooley and VanTramp stated. I would think working with those in charge of public lands as DLTooley in Colorado and Bob has done with the BLM for the RTR needs more support and activites like trash pickups, improvement of sites by volenteers like making dog poop bag stands and educational signs(nearest dumpster, water, dump stations and showers) letting people in these areas know how to best take care of the area. I mean if you can have RTR's and Van build outs why not work to improve and take care of publicized free camping sites with permission?
Pages: 1 2