VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Want to lay laminate flooring in my step van - Underlayment? Framing? Plywood...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-26-2015, 04:43 PM)LeeRevell Wrote: [ -> ]If you apply adhesive, GO LIGHTLY!  On my Navy ship we did our own tile flooring in our work space, and botched it.  Had the brown adhesive oozing up in many places.  Later a yardbird showed us how to do it right, and we totally redid it.  It doesn't take much.

That's one of the things that makes the peel and stick vinyl strips so easy is that they don't need adhesive. Smile The sticky backing also doesn't stink as much as adhesives for vinyl applications. Gratefully I never had to learn how to glue down vinyl flooring---I'd much rather ceramic tile an area than deal with any vinyl other than the peel and stick strips, but that's just me. Too bad terra cotta tiles wouldn't work well in a van because they would be gorgeous. Big Grin
(03-26-2015, 04:43 PM)LeeRevell Wrote: [ -> ]If you apply adhesive, GO LIGHTLY! On my Navy ship we did our own tile flooring in our work space, and botched it. Had the brown adhesive oozing up in many places. Later a yardbird showed us how to do it right, and we totally redid it. It doesn't take much.

Yardbird??? I resemble that remark!!! (Journeyman Marine Pupefitter, been on every modern conventional aircraft carrier they made) Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4