VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Our 20 year old Kyocera Solar Panels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
 Now that all of the craziness is over in Quartzsite we decided it was a good time to stop at Discount Solar and have them check our panels. Two of them are about 20 years old, one is about five years old. Testing showed that they are all working perfectly, charging exactly as they should for the time of year, time of day and the fact that they're not tilted. Very good to know! They've paid for themselves many times over the original cost. :-)
I think Kyocera is one of the best panels going. I have two of them. And their big panes are one of the best prices around.

What I like most about them is that if you had needed warranty work on them, they are still right here after 20 year and would have made it right. That's not going to happen with the no-name Chinese panels.
Bob
I received my used Kyocera 120Watt panels today. I'm going to post up more details in another thread but had to say, these are about 11 years old and in the late afternoon sun on a hazy day spec is 21.5 and I read off 20.9! I'm pleased. 

Mike R