VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Care to have your story shared?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello. I'm writing a research paper about off grid living with an emphasis on vehicle dwelling. The lifestyle and culture has always been an interest of mine. If you have the time I would really appreciate some responses to these interview questions from some experienced and new vandwellers. I'm really curious to find out if any long term vandwellers have noticed a trend towards decreased acceptance of their lifestyle by the public.

Please provide any background information that you feel comfortable with giving such as your name or pseudonym, your age, what state(s) you reside in, what you do for work, what kind of vehicle you live in, when you began vandwelling, and any other details you feel may be relevant.
  • What events took place that led to your decision to start living in your vehicle?
  • What are some unintended consequences that arose from it? Lessons learned, difficulties or complications, etc.
  • What are some negative aspects of your living arrangements that you would not experience if you were to live in a conventional dwelling?
  • What are some positive aspects of you living arrangements that you would not be able to experience if you were to live in a conventional dwelling?
  • How do your friends and/or family feel about your living arrangements?
  • How are you treated by the general public and law enforcement officials? Any examples would be helpful.
  • If you've been vandwelling for a significant amount of time, how were you treated by the general public and law enforcement officials when you first began?
  • What are your plans for the future in regards to your living situation? Do you plan on continuing your current lifestyle or are you seeking other arrangements?
Thank you very much!
If you read the different posts, and the different blogs they are connected to~~~ you will see all the answers for your homework.

It says you have been a member since 2012, but have your activity hidden?

To gain a persons trust, you have to be open.

I have written many research papers, and you want to not do your research.
What's the class you're writing the research paper for? Soc, law enforcement, urban planning? Also, what's your thesis statement of your research paper?
(04-05-2015, 08:06 AM)GotSmart Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the different posts, and the different blogs they are connected to~~~ you will see all the answers for your homework.

It says you have been a member since 2012, but have your activity hidden?  

To gain a persons trust, you have to be open.

I have written many research papers, and you want to not do your research.

Thank you, but I'm not just seeking the answers. The assignment calls for an original interview. Please understand that I'm not asking you to write an essay for me. The interview will only be one source of many. 

Yes. I've been a member since 2012, but this is my first thread. 

(04-05-2015, 12:30 PM)gypsychic Wrote: [ -> ]What's the class you're writing the research paper for? Soc, law enforcement, urban planning? Also, what's your thesis statement of your research paper?

A general upper division english/critical thinking class. In short, the paper is about a decreasing acceptance of those that choose or are forced to live alternative lifestyles. 
(04-05-2015, 01:06 PM)rjs111 Wrote: [ -> ]A general upper division english/critical thinking class. In short, the paper is about a decreasing acceptance of those that choose or are forced to live alternative lifestyles. 

So, if I'm reading this correctly, an assumption has already been made that there IS a decreasing acceptance by society.

Just a thought but shouldn't critical thinking be more investigative, as in 'Is there a decrease in acceptance' - a question rather than a statement.
(04-05-2015, 01:20 PM)Almost There Wrote: [ -> ]So, if I'm reading this correctly, an assumption has already been made that there IS a decreasing acceptance by society.

Just a thought but shouldn't critical thinking be more investigative, as in 'Is there a decrease in acceptance' - a question rather than a statement.

It's not an assumption. It's a thesis, or a best guess based on research that I've conducted thus far. A thesis statement is, after all, a statement. 

Also, this interview IS part of my research. I'm trying to get different people's perspectives. If I find an overwhelming majority that say there is no decreased acceptance, then I'd happily accept it.
there is no decreased acceptance
(04-05-2015, 01:56 PM)flying kurbmaster Wrote: [ -> ]there is no decreased acceptance

agreed
Increased acceptance.
Thanks everybody, that's great. Would anyone mind answering the questions? If you feel more comfortable PMing me the answers, I'd really appreciate it. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4