VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Another Walmart RV Shooting, Salem Oregon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
More problems with RVers at Walmart in Salem, Oregon.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/walmart-s...40521.html

These idiots are giving all of the good people a black eye, and nothing good can come of it.
(04-24-2015, 06:41 PM)Off Grid 24/7 Wrote: [ -> ]More problems with RVers at Walmart in Salem, Oregon.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/walmart-s...40521.html

These idiots are giving all of the good people a black eye, and nothing good can come of it.

Agreed.  This bodes ill for us all.  Sad
Oh I don't like this at all Sad
Just to put the icing on the cake, it wasn't even a quote-unquote "real RV", it was a home converted Skoolie.  Police responded to a report of a "suspicious vehicle".  Sigh.

Regards
John
Great! Not!

It's hard to tell from the story or the video if the perp was the owner, driver or passenger of the RV or just was seeking refuge there. In the video there is the "Sanford & Son"™ looking truck in the foreground that might qualify as a 'suspicious vehicle'.

Guy
It doesn't say anyone was over-nighting, it may or may not have anything to do with us.
Bob
(04-24-2015, 10:30 PM)akrvbob Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't say anyone was over-nighting, it may or may not have anything to do with us.
Bob

Unfortunately, one article I read on it said he had been staying in the parking lot for several days.
It doesn't worry me, I think Walmart make an educated decision around letting people park in their carparks, they don't do it because they are kind, they do it because they think they are making money. That won't change just because someone gets shot in their parking lot.
This is concerning.  People who think and live independently are being increasingly targeted as suspicious and potentially dangerous.  If enough events happen, the government could whip up public opinion and potentially pressure Walmart to discontinue their policy to allow overnight camping "for public safety."  

However, since these events involve shootings, I think the more likely cause is the inexorable campaign to disarm the American public.  How hard would it be to find people willing to create incidents at a Walmart in exchange for money or other benefits?  

I sincerely hope that these are just random events and not part of some bigger picture.

RobBob
(04-25-2015, 04:43 AM)RobBob Wrote: [ -> ]However, since these events involve shootings, I think the more likely cause is the inexorable campaign to disarm the American public.  How hard would it be to find people willing to create incidents at a Walmart in exchange for money or other benefits?  

RobBob

Getting shot and thrown into prison doesn't seem like much of a "benefit".

Guy
Pages: 1 2 3 4