VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Urgent question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really need your opinion on this . I am buying new tires for my 93/ford E150 conversion van . Walmart is selling HankooK Optimo 235/75/15 XL for 4/tires and instala $394. What do think?
What is the load rating on the tires? I would want at least a 25% overage. If your van weighs 8,000 lbs, I would want the tires to be rated for at least 10,000, or 2500 each. XL can be as little as 1250 in certain sizes, not sure about that one.

Bama
(10-05-2015, 01:14 PM)Travelman Wrote: [ -> ]I really need your opinion on this . I am buying new tires for my 93/ford E150 conversion van . Walmart is selling HankooK Optimo 235/75/15 XL for 4/tires and instala $394. What do think?

A quick google search shows there are two variants:

724 The Hankook Optimo H724 Tire P235/75R15 XL is designed to deliver great handling, a comfortable ride, better mileage and all-season traction. Fabricated with the 5-pitch design, these Hankook Optimo tires work like a charm with little or no noise. Its tread pattern has a center rib that offers excellent stability to help you maneuver and switch lanes easily. Crafted with optimized circumferential grooves, these fuel efficient tires evacuate water quickly and maximize contact with the road for enhanced wet grip. Lateral grooves with variable width further reduce hydroplaning. The Hankook Optimo Tire features a unique multi-sipe design that provides excellent passenger comfort. With 50 psi pressure, the passenger tire can comfortably handle loads up to 2183 lbs at a maximum speed of 112 mph. The Hankook Optimo H724 Tire P235/75R15 XL comes with a white sidewall that adds to the looks of most vehicles.

727 The Optimo H727 is Hankook's Standard Touring All-Season tire developed for the drivers of coupes, sedans, minivans and crossover vehicles looking to combine good comfort, low noise, all-season traction and long tread life. Optimo H727 tires are designed to deliver a premium appearance and long wear along with dry, wet and wintertime traction, even in light snow.

The 724 seems like a tire that could work on your vehicle.  I am not familiar with this brand and do not even know where it is made.  If China, I would be concerned as some have posted about China tires.

Brian
Load index 108 or 2250 per tire.
Damn that's a good price.

I think your good to go with those. An empty E-150 is about 5500 lbs
Last I heard, Walmart tires are made by Goodyear, but with a Walmart brand name. I've been buying them for years and have no complaints
My 93/Ford conversation van is 1/2 Ton.
Hankook is a Korean Brand.
I have read good reviews on Hankook tires, but have no experience with them.
Not sure what brand but I did the same thing at Walmart for our f 150. $400 and a hour later we were back on the road. With a decent, quiet ride and acceptable traction in the winter, I am thrilled.
Thanks to everyone that responses. I am at Walmart getting it.
Pages: 1 2