VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: The Big Christmas Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has been bugging me for years.  Maybe someone here can answer it . . .

If male saints are called San (eg: San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, etc.)  and female saints are called Santa (eg: Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, etc.)  doesn't  that mean that Santa Clause is a WOMAN? Think about it.

Regards
John
(12-25-2015, 10:05 AM)Optimistic Paranoid Wrote: [ -> ]This has been bugging me for years.  Maybe someone here can answer it . . .

If male saints are called San (eg: San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, etc.)  and female saints are called Santa (eg: Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, etc.)  doesn't  that mean that Santa Clause is a WOMAN? Think about it.

Regards
John

LOL, That's a good one.....
"Santa Claus" comes from the Dutch, "Sante Klaas".
(12-25-2015, 11:41 AM)cyndi Wrote: [ -> ]"Santa Claus" comes from the Dutch,  "Sante Klaas".

Spoilsport!  Dodgy Tongue
What has always bothered me is that Santa is an anagram of Satan.  Dodgy
Dutch----Sinter Klaas
So, where does "Saint Nicholas" leave us? It is actually interesting to look at the historical data on the subject. I guess no one but Santa/St. Nic could answer, so it is just a matter of someone catching him one Christmas night and asking. I am guessing all you'll get is a hearty "Ho, Ho, Ho!" I don't know, anyone up for a road trip to the North Pole?
(12-25-2015, 01:40 PM)mockturtle Wrote: [ -> ]What has always bothered me is that Santa is an anagram of Satan.  Dodgy

But they are complete opposites.  One bribes you to do bad, the other bribes you to be good! Tongue 

One year there was a bundle of Willow switches left by the fire place, with a Santa hat next to it.  I had no trouble from my daughter for a long time after that!  Cool
Santa Clause is a women good catch OP thank god the truth is finally out.
You mean the beard isn't real? Sad
Pages: 1 2