VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Tiny House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
-collapses into bed-

there will be more, but its 3:33am here and I have had a huge day.

-falls asleep-
You awake yet? It's almost 10:00....
I'm awake now, I have a terrible sleeping habit atm. I shot a few gigs at night, and got used to being nocternal.
(Continued from last night) To be home safe and warm in bed freaking rocks. I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason.

So back to the beginning of my day, I went out to meet a friend who is helping me to organise an event for work. At night we went to see a mutual friend play. By the end of the night I wasn't feeling so great. (Food allergies ect.) So I decided to go home, only thing was we had caught a tram there and I had parked my car near my mates restraunt. 

let it be known that I live in the suberbs, about an hour from the city and also I have a learning disability which often leads to great adventures, and this little did I know what about to shape up to be one of those nights. So I figured out what tram to catch, worked it out all by myself I might add. and I got off at the right stop, but didn't recongnise what way to walk, so I ended up on a 2 hour journey of repetitively getting lost and asking several people for directions. (It's only a 5 min walk from the tram to the restraunt.)

Side note:  People don't always point you in the right direction, they can make mistakes, so listen carefully, but take that into account.

So anyway, I believe everything happens for a reason. and on my wondering through the dark, cold streets I came across several piles of wood. (Hard rubbish collection day! SCORE!) I affectionately call this Side of the Road Shopping. or S.T.R.S  After reading the Tiny house book and watching a few youtube clips on reclaimed materials, a whole new world opened up for me. I had never noticed the timber on my other shopping trips as I was not interested in it.

I pushed my self on and at 2 am I found my car. I found: a 'desk', a room divider and several other pieces which I intend to make into other things.

So there you have it, everything happens for a reason.

Oh, and I started this new topic b/c I wanted to separate the tiny house stuff from the living in a cubby topic.

lol Sorry you had such a difficult time; glad you scrounged up some useful items, though.

All good, life was meant to be an adventure.

Oh, adventure!  I always though they were saying "indenture"...

I have a couple of questions:
is a caravan that is said to be 16 foot, have a 16 foot trailer?

What does everyone think about this:
I have no room in my flat to store bits and pieces for my tiny home, so I was thinking of buying a little trailer to put on the nature strip, so that I can put all my reclaimed material in it while I am saving for my trailer for my tiny home.

Only thing is that I live next door to my parents and I don't want them to know what I am doing because I know that they would harras me about it.
I have a couple of questions:
is a caravan that is said to be 16 foot, have a 16 foot trailer?

What does everyone think about this:
I have no room in my flat to store bits and pieces for my tiny home, so I was thinking of buying a little trailer to put on the nature strip, so that I can put all my reclaimed material in it while I am saving for my trailer for my tiny home.

Only thing is that I live next door to my parents and I don't want them to know what I am doing because I know that they would harras me about it.

Found this site, looks like a good start:
http://www.saviourtrailers.com/Services.html
MR can you swing renting some storage place. Maybe even big enough to work on the trailer there?

Pages: 1 2 3