VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: Van Cleaner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's the best cleaner to get rid of the grease, grime, and black streaks on my van? Testimonials appreciated.
Dawn, soft brush (on long handle), and good old American elbow grease Wink
After that, a cleaner/polish, topped off with a wax job.
You should then be ready to show and shine Smile
(03-11-2016, 06:10 PM)bindi&us Wrote: [ -> ]Dawn, soft brush (on long handle), and good old American elbow grease Wink
After that, a cleaner/polish, topped off with a wax job.
You should then be ready to show and shine Smile

Full strength Dawn on the brush? I used diluted Dawn and it didn't do much. Wasn't sure about using it full strength, didn't want to hurt the finish. But now I will try it full strength. Full strength Dawn has worked for me on many other things that nothing else would.
Thanks.
put the Dawn on a soft wet towel full strength, for stubborn stains. you can also use Simple Green this way. you must rinse thoroughly for both. oh make sure to pre-wet the vehicle. highdesertranger
Yeah, just enough water to keep it wet.
Wish I could offer more on a finishing product but beeN too long since I cared about a shine...shoot, still got Q and Yuma on our van Big Grin
Hey...just remembered you're in Phx. Are the black streaks mesquite sap?? Might have to attack those with rub and wipe type automotive product. Check with your AutoZone guy for something if that's the case.
Even a lot of professional detail shops and car dealerships use dawn applied directly to the brush to clean the just rinsed vehicle except in grimy spots, where brake dust and other things collect they use more powerful cleaners/degreasers. I am a fan of simple green even though it's not the best just because I like the smell.
(03-11-2016, 07:03 PM)bindi&us Wrote: [ -> ]Hey...just remembered you're in Phx. Are the black streaks mesquite sap?? Might have to attack those with rub and wipe type automotive product. Check with your AutoZone guy for something if that's the case.

Don't know. They were there when I bought the van. Will check with Autozone if Dawn doesn't work.
Best of luck with your cleaning job.
(03-11-2016, 08:26 PM)bindi&us Wrote: [ -> ]Best of luck with your cleaning job.

Thanks. I will let you know how it comes out.
Pages: 1 2 3