VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: For those using canned spray foam, best way to apply it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The 2001 FORD has a interior corrugation of bare, white painted metal which needs conforming insulation to fill it in for best R-value. Planning to buy a can of DOW GREAT STUFF and try it out, worst case scenario I am out $4 and six hours of time.

So the consensus on 1-part canned spray-foam like DOW GREAT STUFF is, it's semi-closed cell and thus to prevent possibility of mold, the area should be coated with some kind of spray barrier pre- and post-spray to waterproof it. And to fill the walls in layers so all the foam has a chance to fully cure, to prevent bulge-out and rust issues. Lastly to not fill it inside walls without any way for it to breathe.

If 1-part canned spray foam is ones only option, what is the best way to apply it to prevent expensive problems down the road?
The consensus on spray foam is not to use it. You have a weird way of presenting questions in the form of a false dichotomy; spray foam is not your only option. Don't fill your new van up with that stuff.
do not try this
Quote:If 1-part canned spray foam is ones only option, 

It is not.  Polyiso is the best option. 

Quote:what is the best way to apply it to prevent expensive problems down the road?

Wrap it in a newspaper, and put it in a garbage can.

You keep asking this same question, and getting the same answers. 

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...insulation

Spend your time cleaning out the Dodge and sell it.
Spend the $4 on some Gatorade and the 6 hours on cleaning out the old Dodge. 
Value of time and money well invested.
don't use it, plain and simply. highdesertranger
This is your thread I see listed at the bottom of the page.
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...insulation

Huh
"So the consensus on 1-part canned spray-foam like DOW GREAT STUFF is, it's semi-closed cell..."

NO, the consensus (and the data sheet from DOW), is that Great Stuff is an OPEN CELL foam and will hold moisture...but hey, since you continue to repeatedly dodge all advice given on this forum....go ahead and use it.

After reviewing your previous posts, I'm starting to think you ask these things over and over, not to get advice you're actually going to use, but to aggravate those on here who try to help.
(04-05-2016, 12:01 PM)johnny b Wrote: [ -> ]"So the consensus on 1-part canned spray-foam like DOW GREAT STUFF is, it's semi-closed cell..."

NO, the consensus (and the data sheet from DOW), is that Great Stuff is an OPEN CELL foam and will hold moisture...but hey, since you continue to repeatedly dodge all advice given on this forum....go ahead and use it.

After reviewing your previous posts, I'm starting to think you ask these things over and over, not to get advice you're actually going to use, but to aggravate those on here who try to  help.
Yep.
(04-05-2016, 12:01 PM)johnny b Wrote: [ -> ]After reviewing your previous posts, I'm starting to think you ask these things over and over, not to get advice you're actually going to use, but to aggravate those on here who try to  help.

You know what the internet lable for a person who spends their life doing that is, right?   Tongue
Pages: 1 2