VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: 53' Semi Trailer Conversions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure where you park rigs this big, but to each their own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1xSHwuLyE
This is what we are used to seeing on the IRV2 forum, the place for rich RVers.  A bit beyond most of us here, but always interesting to see the 'other half' lives.   Wink
I hear the lady in the video referring to this as a 57' semi-trailer. Having had a Class A CDL for a few years, it was my impression that you would need a permit to pull anything over 53'. Am I mistaken?

By the way, out of curiosity, I checked the price on this unit. North of $300,000.00 Do you realize what kind of van I could build for that??? ;-)
for 300k you could build enough vans to have one for every week of the year. highdesertranger
(04-28-2016, 07:47 PM)Dust-In-the-Wind Wrote: [ -> ]I hear the lady in the video referring to this as a 57' semi-trailer.  Having had a Class A CDL for a few years, it was my impression that you would need a permit to pull anything over 53'.  Am I mistaken?

By the way, out of curiosity, I checked the price on this unit.  North of $300,000.00  Do you realize what kind of van I could build for that??? ;-)

I have my CDL as well, never ended up using it for a job, but always renew it just in case. Figure the hard part was getting it, might as well keep it.  Heck, I had to parallel park the semi and trailer with out bumping the cones!  I was under same impression about length, but think when something is registered as an RV and/or for personal use a lot of restrictions don't apply?  No idea why that is, but I know I've seen people register semi's as RV's and not need CDL's to drive them.
Love the space, but it's ostentatious as hell.

Also, I can't believe the finished weight.  My school bus has more cargo capacity!

In this era of financial bubbles, I think it's a harbinger of doom. Brings to mind the old adage that the moment the latest "world's tallest skyscraper" is completed, there will be a recession.
Give us a call, all you need is a blank check!   Tongue
I'm sure she's a nice lady, but a place selling custom rigs in this price range should really get someone with some presentation skills.

I felt like most of the interior decor choices looked like things that would be falling apart once the thing starts getting road time...so much weight and rigidity.