VanDweller Community Forums

Full Version: I'm gonna do it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-27-2016, 08:10 PM)Cheli Wrote: [ -> ]Bullocks?  Geez thanks for the support.  lol  Yes it's a good sounding plan, I know it's not going to go smooth but at least it's a plan and I'm taking steps.  Smile

hehe! I get ideas that sound utterly bullocks all the time! The important part is that you've picked a direction, and now your steaming ahead..... bullocks sounding or not...
You crossed that line in the sand !
How's that make you feel ?
Just details from here on .......
The whole tribe will have your back , lean back and enjoy !
(06-28-2016, 10:46 AM)steamjam1 Wrote: [ -> ]hehe! I get ideas that sound utterly bullocks all the time! The important part is that you've picked a direction, and now your steaming ahead..... bullocks sounding or not...

hahaha  yes I knew what you meant, I just couldn't resist.

(06-28-2016, 10:57 AM)rvpopeye Wrote: [ -> ]You crossed that line in the sand !
How's that make you feel ?
Just details from here on .......
The whole tribe will have your back , lean back and enjoy !

It makes me feel awesome AND terrified!!!!!!  My fear is that I sell everything and still can't manage to get a van and have money to get out of here.  Then I have an empty home and nowhere to go.  I know realistically that won't happen but it's the fear of breaking away from my established career etc.

But it's time, I need to do this.......it's rooted deep down in my soul and I'll be miserable until I find out if it's the lifestyle for me or not.  I don't want to regret what may have been.

I know I have an abundance of help and support here so that will push me through.

Thank you.  Smile
(06-28-2016, 11:08 AM)Cheli Wrote: [ -> ]It makes me feel awesome AND terrified!!!!!!  My fear is that I sell everything and still can't manage to get a van and have money to get out of here.  Then I have an empty home and nowhere to go. 

Worst case scenario, you use some of your money for a down payment and take out a car loan  for the rest.  You park in your sister's driveway for an extra year, working at your current job until it's paid off.  Hey, it's better than paying rent on an apartment!

There are always options for Plan B, Plan C, etc.
You're right!  For some reason I have my goal as the first of the year but yeah, of course, I can always just stay at my job longer and with my sister until I can leave if I don't make my goal.  Although I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to staying here for another Boston winter.  LOL  Now that's motivation right there.

If I wasn't paying rent and utilities I can easily save $2k a month, if not more depending on how thrifty I am.  I just need to stop looking for the "perfect" van, I don't need it to be as new as I want it to be.

Thanks for the virtual dope slap......I needed that.  hahaha
good idea.... the first of the year is six months away, ambitious is July 5th. it takes a couple of weeks to slowly empty your apartment working after work, a couple of hours to buy a van, a couple of days to fit it out to start, 5 minutes to fill up the tank, 1 hr to get groceries and 30 seconds to quit your job. that is 16 days, 3 hrs,5 minutes and 30 seconds, so that brings us to July 15th, 11:05.30 am... have fun.
Hahaha. Good point Kurbmaster, maybe I'll do it sooner than the first after all.....that would be great. But I do feel I need some sort of savings built up since I'll have a van payment and don't know yet how I'll make money on the road. But you make a great point and will move up my goal date for sure! Thanks for the words of support.
progress not perfection, all in your own time
Pages: 1 2